PC Peripherals URGENT: Samsung p2350 or Dell 2209wa

web.abhi

Disciple
Hi Guys, After a lot of research, have zeroed in on the following monitors - Samsung p2350 and Dell 2209wa... need your help in choosing one... will primarily use it as a TV by connecting it with a tuner card... was planning to buy a LCD TV but heard it is better to have a LCD monitor working as a TV than a LCD TV acting as a Monitor... please advise... does the e-IPS feature on the DELL alone closes the debate and justifies the purchase...

Get the 2209WA. The P2350 looks to be a TN panel, and a TN panel's limited viewing angles will probably negate its use as a TV.

my basic reason for not going for a 24" is the text readability issues with it... i've read that a 22" is more text friendly... so should i take it that in 22" LCD monitors, Dell 2209wa is the best?

web.abhi said:
my basic reason for not going for a 24" is the text readability issues with it... i've read that a 22" is more text friendly... so should i take it that in 22" LCD monitors, Dell 2209wa is the best?

IN lcd one of the main stuff is the panels...and dell model which u mentioned has the best panel ips.....which has good color reproduction and can be viewed clearly even at 180 degrees angle......Samsung has TN panels....which also has improved these days......

If u have the moolah ...than go for dell as it cost ard 17k.....whereas the samsung one are 4-5k cheaper i guess....

ALso if u not the one who is from animation related or video editing field...u can give dell a miss.....

now where exactly do u get a DELL 2209wa from in Delhi... went to a dell outlet in noida yesterday and the guy there told me that no outlet is stocking it!! you can only get it online... i had filled the online form a couple of days ago but still have not got any response... also at wat price... i've heard of prices ranging from 14k to 19k, 20k for this model!!! whats the correct price...

I am desperately looking for this model, but not able to find it. Talked online with their call center. One guy told they can't give to consumers directly (only to businesses). Other guy told it's superseeded by P2210 (idiot!). Talked to Dell Distributor for AP (supposedly) and he says he doesn't stock this model and only buys what sells often. Thanks for any helpful hints. Is it available in Mumbai BTW.

Yep, the 2209WA is pretty hard to come by, you can probably pick it up from one of the dealers here at TE.

Arnab Boss said:
Imo samsung p2350 will b a good vfm...' and a 23 inch moniter with full hd is also and advantage @ 11.5k

There's a difference between VFM and Better.

The P2350 may be more VFM, but it is certainly not better. 'Full HD' in the wrong context is a useless spec - as much as megapixels alone mean zilch on a camera.

+1 take eddy wise counsel get dell2209wa you wont regret it u get it from dealer satan for sub 16k

i am having one its good monitor

Back