US declares Xiaomi a “Communist Chinese military company,” bans investments

Haha rich of usa to claim and blame China for these things when there country is running on such heavy debt from China. Half the products of their companies are manufactured in China.

I don't support China but it is mighty rich for usa to say this. A country which has probably spent more time raiding other companies in past 30 years than any other country.

Anyways Too little too late. Now China is too big to ignore or shun, especially when Europe has again started dealing with China in 2021

Which Chinese company is not?

The question arises why this sudden realisation.. just because their economic interests are not aligned with China anymore or something else. It should be banned in India too, no Indian company gets the equal treatment in China then why favour Chinese over local.

Our politicians look the otherside if paid well.
(Only now some steps are taken against them because of Galwan that too not sure how long. ) just read few days ago that a chinese company bagged a huge contract from railways .

And Our people will buy chinese goods because for them saving money is more important than nation.
A survey was conducted where it was reported even after Galwan attack chinese goods are doing well here and infact seen growth and this goes to all including me....not trying to pass the blame here. Just stating the facts .

Pakistanis are more patriots than we Indians.
Haha rich of usa to claim and blame China for these things when there country is running on such heavy debt from China. Half the products of their companies are manufactured in China.

I don't support China but it is mighty rich for usa to say this. A country which has probably spent more time raiding other companies in past 30 years than any other country.

Anyways Too little too late. Now China is too big to ignore or shun, especially when Europe has again started dealing with China in 2021
"The sleeping Giant" has been awoken and it has already started to shake the world.

Last edited:
what option do we have most "indian" smartphone companies buy Chinese phones put there labels on it and sell it under their name.

what option do we have most "indian" smartphone companies buy Chinese phones put there labels on it and sell it under their name.
Yes not much options also and whatever few we have is expensive .
Our Governments does not encourage home grown tech firms too.
And
There are lot of other things too..our leadership has also always been weak when it comes to china.
india has been avoiding to invite Australia for naval training because of fear from China.
India does not trade to its full potential with Taiwan.
India does not speak up on South China sea as openly as China does on Kashmir.
Even during HongKong protest we said nothing.

Europe does not need local manufacturing base, they are happy to get Chinese business back. Indian case is different, we need local players and and we have huge population unlike EU.
Our politicians look the otherside if paid well.
(Only now some steps are taken against them because of Galwan that too not sure how long. ) just read few days ago that a chinese company bagged a huge contract from railways .

And Our people will buy chinese goods because for them saving money is more important than nation.
A survey was conducted where it was reported even after Galwan attack chinese goods are doing well here and infact seen growth and this goes to all including me....not trying to pass the blame here. Just stating the facts .

Pakistanis are more patriots than we Indians.

"The sleeping Giant" has been awoken and it has already started to shake the world.
We never think of future, if today we get Chinese things at 10% less price then most price conscious buyers will not even consider any option from a Korean or Japanese.
We had some options but our government back then decided to let Chinese gain all the market share so that we become good in their eyes. This in my opinion is a sign a weakness and strong countries like US or China will never respect weak countries. Sad but it's the truth.

Europe does not need local manufacturing base, they are happy to get Chinese business back. Indian case is different, we need local players and and we have huge population unlike EU.

We never think of future, if today we get Chinese things at 10% less price then most price conscious buyers will not even consider any option from a Korean or Japanese.

We had some options but our government back then decided to let Chinese gain all the market share so that we become good in their eyes. This in my opinion is a sign a weakness and strong countries like US or China will never respect weak countries. Sad but it's the truth.
India Political Party and leaders are well funded by Chinese companies. They had to show the public they are taking steps and so some chinese companies were banned but it is just an eyewash I believe ...I think sooner or later this year all Chinese companies will be back in business the normal way.

India Political Party and leaders are well funded by Chinese companies. They had to show the public they are taking steps and so some chinese companies were banned but it is just an eyewash I believe ...I think sooner or later this year all Chinese companies will be back in business the normal way.
It's not the case with just Indian leaders, Chinese have bought goodwill from most of the countries to the point some are considered their slave till some time back like Australia for example. Many EU countries are also directly or indirectly in this group. Look at WHO, that organisation is completely sold out.

It's not the case with just Indian leaders, Chinese have bought goodwill from most of the countries to the point some are considered their slave till some time back like Australia for example. Many EU countries are also directly or indirectly in this group. Look at WHO, that organisation is completely sold out.
True.

^YT channel China uncensored has covered their debt trap diplomacy extensively.

Once again, this news is no surprise. What most countries including India doesnt understand.. any company incorporated in China must hand over data to the CCP whenever they want it.

Another news about Chinese brand smart phone already having your data won't surprise me either.

The problem is quality of most Indian products is worse than China. Korean and Japanese products don't have as much options. And its not just 10%, some of these products are way too overpriced to feed on availability and some anti-China sentiment

Good quality phones either
1 ) samsung , apple , lg = not steal your data .
2 ) Xiaomi , Realme , Oppo , Vivo etc all good quality mostly but report directly to the CCP .
What we choose to buy depends on our budget and our willingness to share our photos and banking details directly with the CCP .
If we decide not to buy Chinese then we are sharing data with Google , Amazon , Facebook , Twitter anyway .
Just my 2 cents .
Disclaimer
I have had many mi and Xiaomi phones in the past .
But looking to buy Samsung in the present and the future too .
Cheers !

A general feedback regarding China issue is that 'we do not have many options'. AND we will never have if we do not start (manufacturing).

Supply -
The Make in India campaign, IMO, was a half baked product. The onus always lied with the manufactures .. many of whom are/were SME/MSMEs. At that time the govt did nothing to slow influx of chinese products, build market sentiment, boost local manufacturing.

However, this time it's tad different. There is a pushback plus showcase of political will (resulting in 'some' tenders been handed over to domestic manufacturers) plus buildup of the public sentiment. Still, it will take years for the domestic market to reach a level to yield competitive products at nominal costs.

Demand -
Another major challenge is buying power. Owing to poor income, majority of buyers want to get things for as little money as possible. This shifts the market to a zone where low quality is acceptable but high cost ( for a relevant superior quality ) is not. This is why our marketing and advertising promotes a culture of 24 x 7 x 365 (let's make you a fool ) SALE.

The gist is that initiatives are required at multiple fronts in order to be gradually become self reliant in manufacturing quality products at competitive prices.

A general feedback regarding China issue is that 'we do not have many options'. AND we will never have if we do not start (manufacturing).

Supply -
The Make in India campaign, IMO, was a half baked product. The onus always lied with the manufactures .. many of whom are/were SME/MSMEs. At that time the govt did nothing to slow influx of chinese products, build market sentiment, boost local manufacturing.

However, this time it's tad different. There is a pushback plus showcase of political will (resulting in 'some' tenders been handed over to domestic manufacturers) plus buildup of the public sentiment. Still, it will take years for the domestic market to reach a level to yield competitive products at nominal costs.

Demand -
Another major challenge is buying power. Owing to poor income, majority of buyers want to get things for as little money as possible. This shifts the market to a zone where low quality is acceptable but high cost ( for a relevant superior quality ) is not. This is why our marketing and advertising promotes a culture of 24 x 7 x 365 (let's make you a fool ) SALE.

The gist is that initiatives are required at multiple fronts in order to be gradually become self reliant in manufacturing quality products at competitive prices.
I think China excelled at setting up local manufacturing base only because the very crucial supply chains were set up in China by western countries for their own companies. It's only later that China exploited those supply chains for its own benefit. Whereas in case of India, those supply chains never took off as no one was ever interested in manufacturing here resulting in poor quality products at higher costs. There was some enthusiasm in late 2000's but our government was more interested in appeasing Chinese back then for various reasons.

Also without setting up local manufacturing base we can't get any of the popular global products at good prices. They will get taxed heavily and will only remain in the reach of few. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Good quality phones either
1 ) samsung , apple , lg = not steal your data .
2 ) Xiaomi , Realme , Oppo , Vivo etc all good quality mostly but report directly to the CCP .
What we choose to buy depends on our budget and our willingness to share our photos and banking details directly with the CCP .
If we decide not to buy Chinese then we are sharing data with Google , Amazon , Facebook , Twitter anyway .
Just my 2 cents .
Disclaimer
I have had many mi and Xiaomi phones in the past .
But looking to buy Samsung in the present and the future too .
Cheers !
Both Americans and Chinese have our precious personal information.

Between both though I would personally choose America as lesser evil.
China is a known bully every neighbour has a problem with them.

Don't ban China completely but at least demand same and equal treatment for Indian companies there.
Indian Political will is very weak . They want a stable government and smooth ride to loot for 5 years and so.

A chinese diplomat has once said about India being not fit to speak on same level as Russia, Usa ,Germany and China.
Giving our issues any concern is below class for them .

When India finally recognized Tibet as China all they offered us was to remove Sikkim from there government website in return. Too much is given to them for too little.

We are far far behind China to speak on same terms with them or else it will take really strong Political will to bring them to the table.

Indian Political will is very weak . They want a stable government and smooth ride to loot for 5 years and so.

A chinese diplomat has once said about India being not fit to speak on same level as Russia, Usa ,Germany and China.
Giving our issues any concern is below class for them .

When India finally recognized Tibet as China all they offered us was to remove Sikkim from there government website in return. Too much is given to them for too little.

We are far far behind China to speak on same terms with them or else it will take really strong Political will to bring them to the table.
Yeah but sucking up to Chinese is no good either, just because they are ahead doesn't mean we can't stand up on our feet. They keep taking out territory and we are more then happy getting their copy cat products that gets dumped here. Forget government, it's people responsibility first.

Back