US, Russia, France disagree with India’s global payment system idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, the UPI is linked to seven countries—Bhutan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Mauritius, Nepal, UAE and France (for e-commerce only), according to the website of the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), which developed the technology.

How are the legal aspects handled for such transactions (checking for money laundering/terror financing etc) ? I have always had to answer invasive questions whenever I transferred money from a foreign to an Indian acct.

Nothing that the men said sounds unreasonable. Money is also a tool of war. These bankers know more than what they are willing to talk about.

Last edited:
In short, they want to use their own system instead of India's system. US banks make a killing on useless fees and they have every reason to not use UPI. Probably same reason with France and Russia.

In short, they want to use their own system instead of India's system. US banks make a killing on useless fees and they have every reason to not use UPI. Probably same reason with France and Russia.
also why they agree that finally India start moving with them or ahead

How are the legal aspects handled for such transactions (checking for money laundering/terror financing etc) ?
till now how much terror funding those banks able to trace and was stop and REALLY wish to Stop?

They may be don't want India to know [open] secret about their funding to various ..... if they use UPI

They may be don't want India to know [open] secret about their funding to various .....
There are videos on YouTube that have connected dots here and there to figure out lots of US interference in J&K polls now. Some US busy bodies have visited politicians in j&k as well as brought some politicians to USA to "talk". Naturally lots of $$ must have changed hands. Can't have India know about it.

There are videos on YouTube that have connected dots here and there to figure out lots of US interference in J&K polls now. Some US busy bodies have visited politicians in j&k as well as brought some politicians to USA to "talk". Naturally lots of $$ must have changed hands. Can't have India know about it.
Everyone know this and that's why current Central Govt. cancels 1000s of NGOs Account and put 1000s under surveillance and allow only those who are genuinely working for what they meant for.
Due to this ban, funding drought also dropped STONE demands in J&K Region.

Few Top J&K politicians children's studying in EU, UK, US and even few Politicians living in these countries but fight poll here in India (J&K) and they win the elections and that's why they keep praising neighbouring counties and always speak against India & Indian Elected Govt.

Last edited:
It's not like they haven't been vetted

For foreign diplomats, visiting J&K requires special permission from the Indian government, and these approvals are granted through the Ministry of External Affairs. The Ministries of Home affairs and External Affairs usually coordinate with the intelligence agencies and the state government before allowing foreign diplomats to travel to J&K.
And this despite travel warnings by their embassy not to go there. Its important their reps visit the place so USG knows firsthand the situation. As there are plenty of people to skew that perception.

The kind of people you're thinking about aren't allowed there or even into the country. If the MEA has a doubt then this happens.

This one must have slipped through the cracks and an intervention was required when she landed.

why do you think these people need to visit Muslim politicians in J&K right before elections are going to be held?
So they can report back whether the contestants think the elections are fair or not. Otherwise if they are not allowed to visit there then adverse stories can be made up. Why is this so hard to understand?

If you start crapping your pants at the mention of us diplomats visiting then it seemswe have something to hide
They could be covert CIA operatives or anything. On X, these people are posting selfie with Muslim politicians and talking about Muslim rights in India openly. Don't care if Indian govt vetted them.
Are you referring to USCIRF? they do that all the time
They are openly creating religious divide in India like UK. Doubt they came with any good intentions here. Snakes are snakes and will bite.
Well, if you bothered to read the linked articles you would have learnt that Abdulah disagreed with their embassies travel advisory and was asking for more tourism.

I'm quite familiar with the sort of fiddling the US does. We do it too. 2015 elections in Sri Lanka ensured rajapaksas didn't win.

Guess what i hear similar stories from Israel where the intention to topple the government there is bit more overt

How many times do they visit India? I'm not crapping my pants. Just looking at their blatant meddling.
Can you show where/how they are meddling in j&k?

Because to meddle you have to do something. Meeting doesn't qualify.

There is an undisputable track record of US meddling in j&k since the 90s. People like Robin Raphael are infamous here. Of note sometime in 2015 she got raided by her own government on suspicion of being a foreign agent for the Paks.

But we're not in the 90s. The country is much stronger now. A lot of the fear comes from memories of how powerless & helpless we were in those days. The US was dictating j&k policy to us back then. They are in no position to do that now.

These days, US diplomats in j&k (or Arunachal) is a bigger problem in Beijing than New Delhi.

I'm not in Indian bureaucracy or foreign affairs but surely even they know about these people meddling in indian elections.
Neither am I but i trust the government in this area on this topic. If you disagree then show me where they screwed up since 2019.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back