Use my TV as a monitor to play games - Connect to TV via laptop

Futureized

Skilled
Hello,
I am looking forward to try to play games on my 70 or 75 inch Onida TV.
Both TV/Laptop have HDMI ports.
Want display/sound both from TV and not laptop.
Please guide about DO's and DONT's

Laptop = https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0C7R342NJ/
ASUS TUF Gaming F15 (2022), Intel Core i5-12500H 12th Gen, 15.6" (39.62 cm) FHD, Gaming Laptop (8GB/512GB/4GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 /Win11/1-Zone RGB Backlit KB/90WHr/Gray/2.2 kg), FX507ZC4-HN115W
Total RAM = 16 GB
Total HDD = 1 TB SSD

Thanks.

Hello,
I am looking forward to try to play games on my 70 or 75 inch Onida TV.
Both TV/Laptop have HDMI ports.
Want display/sound both from TV and not laptop.
Please guide about DO's and DONT's

Laptop = https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0C7R342NJ/
ASUS TUF Gaming F15 (2022), Intel Core i5-12500H 12th Gen, 15.6" (39.62 cm) FHD, Gaming Laptop (8GB/512GB/4GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 /Win11/1-Zone RGB Backlit KB/90WHr/Gray/2.2 kg), FX507ZC4-HN115W
Total RAM = 16 GB
Total HDD = 1 TB SSD

Thanks.
Just get a good quality HDMI cable. And hook your laptop with the TV. I will also recommend you to get a Controller (preferably the Xbox controller)

Once you connect the TV, it should appear as an additional display on your laptop. You can duplicate the displays to output same content on the laptop screen and TV.

Refresh rate for tvs are lower than that of gaming monitors. Theres also huge input lag difference with tvs as compared to monitors. You will experience lot of artifacts while playing games. Hence normal tvs are not suitable for playing games.

Last edited:
No lag or artifacts in games, just change refresh rate of TV to 60hrz from PC and its all good. Also you don't need to disable anything just use as normal monitor.

I was working on spreadsheets and in the background was playing God of War as I get some free time just Alt+Tab to continue gaming. I did this for almost 2 weeks and will continue to do so with my next game Uncharted.

No lag or artifacts in games, just change refresh rate of TV to 60hrz from PC and its all good. Also you don't need to disable anything just use as normal monitor.

I was working on spreadsheets and in the background was playing God of War as I get some free time just Alt+Tab to continue gaming. I did this for almost 2 weeks and will continue to do so with my next game Uncharted.

I have also played GEARS 5 on TV via PC and never observed any artifacts. The lag was negligible.

I cannot comment on spreadsheets or word processor as TV seems too big for those kind of tasks. But watching movies and playing games is a treat on big screen.

I have also played GEARS 5 on TV via PC and never observed any artifacts. The lag was negligible.

I cannot comment on spreadsheets or word processor as TV seems too big for those kind of tasks. But watching movies and playing games is a treat on big screen.
Working on spreadsheet is a treat where you can see lot more columns and don't have to move your cursor from left to right.

Back