Used Galaxy S or anything else? <14k

Hey guys,

I recently lost my spica and now with a very tight budget i'm on a lookout for a used phone.

My budget is 14k and i cannot tolerate these low-end android devices anymore(glaxy fit,pop,ace etc.), I'm looking for a mature high end android device, So, i am left with samsung galaxy S.

I've found used SGS deals ranging from 14k-15k with 6-7 months warranty remaining, Does it make sense to buy a used SGS now or buy something else or wait for sometime, save up more money(read 5-6k) and buy a better phone? I'm scared of buying an Atrix and risking it without warranty, i've heard horror stories where people got empty phone boxes with the phone missing!

Criteria:
1. I do not want the phone to be like my spica which was totally laggy and a very limited dev support.
2. Do not want to regret buying a used phone after a year.
3. I plan to use it for a year and a half atleast. Will the SGS get ice cream sandwich?

Help me out guys, I'm using a Nokia 1600 :ashamed:

I think it is better to wait if you can tolerate waiting :) Why? In a few months many dual core phones will flood the market with cheaper options costing sub 20k. Even optimus 2x has a chance to go down to 20k. Also micromax is coming out with A85 which is a dual core phone to cost sub 20k. Here is the thread on Micromax A85: http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/micromax-a85-with-tegra-2-rumored-198872.html.

Now if you cannot wait, then get Nexus S. Because it will be the first phone to get ICS update OTA because prime will be the first phone to be shipped with ICS already out of box. That way you are covered for atleast a year with guaranteed updates straight from Google. Also it has galaxy s hardware so excellent music, thanks to wolfson DAC. Powerful gaming, thanks to powervr sgx 540 graphics. Also has NFC chip and gyrosensor which is an added benefit not quite found in other phones.

Galaxy S is also better option and better screen due to Super Amoled screen. Since it has same hardware as Nexus S, it has strong community development and getting ICS is strong possibility. Only thing is it might involve us rooting and Modding it, while Nexus S does not need it.

If you are ok with Modding and rooting, I would absolutely recommend galaxy S, else Nexus S. But if you can wait, then definitely a dual core phone.

We'll, I NEED to get a phone within a month for some reason :(

I know there will be new phones coming up soon, And my budget of 15-16k will not increase at any cost, May be when a new phone comes out and the SGS or a Nexus S turns out to be a stone age phone, i might be able to sell it off and buy a new one.

Regarding the nexus S, Its really hard to find a used nexus s, Besides the SGS's AMOLED is way better than that of the nexus's.

So its not a dumb plan to buy a nexus s or a SGS right?

Nothing Beats Galaxy S at that budget except a Used Nexus S(Super AMOLED), which is a rarity..

So, just go for it.

If you really want to use Cam alot, and need flashm then go for Nexus S..

Only 2 Options dude..

aradhakr84 said:
For the budget of 15-16k Galaxy S is the best buy to give you excellent multimedia and smartphone experience.
teja92 said:
Nothing Beats Galaxy S at that budget except a Used Nexus S(Super AMOLED), which is a rarity..

So, just go for it.

If you really want to use Cam alot, and need flashm then go for Nexus S..

Only 2 Options dude..

I think i will finalize on a used SGS, Nexus S with AMOLED is good aswell, but even if i find one, it will be without warranty, I dont want to risk 15 grand without warranty. SGS camera should be fine for me.
tufel said:
Galaxy S for 15-16k? You're kidding right?

An USED galaxy S for 15k :)

Back