Vacuum Cleaner for BOTH House Cleaning and PC Cleaning

iosoft

PC enthusiast since MS DOS 5
Skilled
Friends,

Can you pls suggest me a good quality Vacuum Cleaner that I can use to clean both my house, book racks and also my desktop pcs?

Actually, my house is in the ground-floor and 1st-floor just next to a very busy highway.
As a result, I get too much dust issue.

So, the Vacuum Cleaner should be capable of running for long time and must have both suction and blower features.

Amazon and Flipkart reviews are so confusing.

Friends,

Can you pls suggest me a good quality Vacuum Cleaner that I can use to clean both my house, book racks and also my desktop pcs?

Actually, my house is in the ground-floor and 1st-floor just next to a very busy highway.

So, the Vacuum Cleaner should be capable of running for long time and must have both suction and blower features.

Inalsa Vacuum Cleaner Wet and Dry Micro WD10 with 3in1 Multifunction Wet/Dry/Blowing| 14KPA Suction and Impact Resistant Polymer Tank,(Yellow/Black) https://amzn.eu/d/7VKnLhV

do you have/use it?
how long using it?
does it get hot?
I don't own it but saw 43% 5star rating and suggested to you since it does dry/wet and has blower functionality.
There is another Philips vacuum cleaner but does not clearly specify dry/wet clean and does not have blower function.

Inalsa has very good suction power also as specified in the 5star positive reviews.

My aunt used to use Eureka Forbes vacuum cleaner in late 90s for her cleaning of home but nowadays this company's vacuum cleaner is costly.
So taking into view price to performance ratio I suggested Inalsa.

Or
Wait for other members views & suggestions and buy appropriate vacuum cleaner. Okay.

does it get hot?
All vacuum cleaners get hot. But that's okay, you shouldn't have any need to continuously run it more than 10 minutes. But if you do then buy an industrial grade vacuum cleaners. They get hot too but they can handle it.

Most wet/dry/blow vacuum cleaners should be good for you. I recently got myself a BLACK+DECKER WDBD15 for household use. I have previously owned industrial grade vacuum cleaners costing upward 50k so I knew what I wanted.

Even if you get vacuum cleaner which can handle its heat, you should know that they are deafeningly loud. The idea of running it for long time just because you get too much dust isn't very sound.

I think you should look into air purifiers for your use case. Or run an AC in blower mode (in case you don't need cooling). These things can capture dust without affecting the normal living. If I had your use case, I might have installed double glazed windows for sound and dust proofing and ran the ACs all the time. The blower mode doesn't cost much electricity.

I have a Philips PowerPro for home cleaning but that is something that gets used once a week for deep cleaning. Guess this is the one that @bssunilreddy was referring to. Doesn't have a blower and not meant for wet cleaning.

I have a handheld Panasonic MC-DL201 for regular cleaning which will also work great for PC cleaning. It has a basic blower which might be enough for light use.

I read a lot of reviews before getting the Panasonic one and would strongly advise against getting the Inalsa, B+D, Karcher ones because of the number of complaints people have with respect to customer service and reliability over a 1-year period. On the other hand, some have been using the Panasonic one for a decade now.

Friends,

I was going to recommend a Dyson but it has no blower which I suppose you want to deal with window screens.

Running a long time means they get hot and only commercial grade can run a long time.

Why don't you divide the job into parts? No need to do the whole house in one go.

I have a Philips PowerPro for home cleaning but that is something that gets used once a week for deep cleaning. Guess this is the one that @bssunilreddy was referring to. Doesn't have a blower and not meant for wet cleaning.

I have a handheld Panasonic MC-DL201 for regular cleaning which will also work great for PC cleaning. It has a basic blower which might be enough for light use.

I read a lot of reviews before getting the Panasonic one and would strongly advise against getting the Inalsa, B+D, Karcher ones because of the number of complaints people have with respect to customer service and reliability over a 1-year period. On the other hand, some have been using the Panasonic one for a decade now.
Also, should mention that you shouldn't really expect a 700W vacuum cleaner to perform as well as a 1900W one which is the reason I have two. May be there are better options available, but probably you will have to pay for it.

Did you guys have a vote ?? I'm looking for one. Daily sweep and mop is taking toll on me. My parents are getting aged and can't ask my wife to do..

Please suggest as long term investment

Daily sweep and mop is taking toll on me
If that's what you want then get vacuum robot.

Daily usage of full size vacuum cleaner is impractical. It'd take less time to sweep and mop than just setting up the vacuum cleaner with correct attachments. And even more to do actual cleaning.

Get better and ergonomic sweeper and mop.

Get a maid ?
hahaha...
orthodox brahmin family .. and my mom doesn't allow outsiders inside kitchen .. that would be challenging..
If that's what you want then get vacuum robot.

Daily usage of full size vacuum cleaner is impractical. It'd take less time to sweep and mop than just setting up the vacuum cleaner with correct attachments. And even more to do actual cleaning.

Get better and ergonomic sweeper and mop.
I get it.
I live near main road and dust it something i can't avoid as I keep windows and doors always open for ventilation. Please don't suggest AC, prefer natural
Grass broom with long handle for mops.. still takes 45 mins for hall, rooms and kitchen ...

you get the gist

Put a net mesh on windows to reduce the dust coming inside and for inside air use a box air purifier like this one.
IMG_20220920_165436.jpg

Even I'm going to do something like this in a month or two. Just keeping the windows open brings in lot of dust and by evening i can see brown patches of dust on the white floor. Currently directly using one of those microfiber mops which does a really good job of cleaning dust.

Put a net mesh on windows to reduce the dust coming inside and for inside air use a box air purifier like this one.
Already have a mesh on my windows. Works great to keep mosquitoes and winged insects out. But acts like a filter for finer dust to enter the house. We live by the side of a road so plenty of dust gets kicked up into the air and enters the house somehow. So you think I'm going to get the finest mesh possible? Now you got still finer dust to remove.

The trouble with this air purifier idea is the dust goes everywhere. Every room will require such a gadget. The cost adds up quick and while it seems it might work in theory I wonder what the real-life result will be. I suppose one test is to see how much dust you have to clean off the ceiling fan blades. Every three months or so the blades need a clean. So if that period were to double then you could say the purifier is doing its job.

In colder climates, this dust problem is less since windows are mostly closed. Not the case where we live.
Even I'm going to do something like this in a month or two. Just keeping the windows open brings in lot of dust and by evening i can see brown patches of dust on the white floor.
Cannot live with closed windows not to mention unhealthy so I've been surprised and flabbergasted at that bolded bit. The maid just cleaned the floor and yet by the end of the day it's like she didn't do anything :confused:
Currently directly using one of those microfiber mops which does a really good job of cleaning dust.
I remember telling you about those some time ago. But as you can see, unless you can stop the dust coming in which is nigh on impossible you can have either a plain broom or microfiber and still have to do cleaning on a regular basis.
hahaha...
orthodox brahmin family .. and my mom doesn't allow outsiders inside kitchen .. that would be challenging..
I was being serious these robots require a clear path so you will need to clear things in your house or rearrange or even get rid of some items.

Too many things in my house for robots to be practical.

I've had my eye on a Dyson for some time just for the tech. Not pulled the trigger yet. I've noticed a trend of people graduating to robotic vacuums after. So if you can arrange your house in a way a robotic cleaner can work then better to go with robots and skip the Dyson.

Last edited:
Cannot live with closed windows not to mention unhealthy so I've been surprised and flabbergasted at that bolded bit. The maid just cleaned the floor and yet by the end of the day it's like she didn't do anything :confused:
I don't think it's that unhealthy as we have all windows closed for some years because of too much industrial pollution but the fine black dust never stopped coming inside. There's relatively less sand kinda dust after windows are closed though.

I remember telling you about those some time ago. But as you can see, unless you can stop the dust coming in which is nigh on impossible you can have either a plain broom or microfiber and still have to do cleaning on a regular basis.
Is this microfiber mop better than regular one? Can you share link to that?

Where you live and the direction of wind matters a lot for dust. Keeping the windows close all the time is unhealthy as bl_r said. Mesh Net + Air Purifiers in each room + Keeping windows close at intervals + one robo vacumm will reduce majority of the dust. Feasibility of such setup is a different thing.
I don't think it's that unhealthy as we have all windows closed for some years because of too much industrial pollution but the fine black dust never stopped coming inside. There's relatively less sand kinda dust after windows are closed though.
Yours is a special case. https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/does-closing-the-windows-starve-us-of-oxygen/

I need the windows open to have circulation in the house otherwise it gets unbearably hot. Opposing windows are always open to create a draught.

I don't need to use the fan that much which only stirs up the dust everywhere :bored:

Should also add this was a requirement during the pandemic.
6k damn, what was the old price?

Last edited:
Back