Vacuum cleaner for Computer

Hi,
Please suggest me a good vacuum cleaner that will clean all the dust from my keyboard, monitor and ups.
I get a lot of dust settled on all of my computer and monitors.

Thanks

In general it is not advisable to vacuum electronic stuff.

Normal suggestion is to "blow" the dust off. Even if you do get a vac (hand-held or otherwise), use the reverse function and blow the dust away.

There is a gadget called Mini Vacuum cleaner which operates from the USB port. This is specifically for this purpose.

I bought it on EBay.

You could check for it in the computer shops.

There is a gadget called Mini Vacuum cleaner which operates from the USB port. This is specifically for this purpose.

I bought it on EBay.

You could check for it in the computer shops.

I'm planning on buying this. It's only 150rs. How efficient is that mate? Does it blow also? How long have you been using it and how often?

Also can any1 tell me why it's not advisable to not use vacuum for components?

Thanks guys :)

It is very basic. No blower. But it is very small, portable and runs off the USB port. The advantage is that you can carry it with you while you travel.

For just cleaning the keyboard, and monitor the Mini Vacuum cleaner would do.

You can also use the regular vacuum on the Keyboard, monitor and UPS. I do it regularly. Blow air. It will do no harm.

If you use the vacuum inside the computer it may rip/blow off some of the components of the motherboard. Do not use the blower or the vacuum for cleaning the motherboard.

I use it for cleaning the cabinet and the fans. I take out the motherboard and other components and the use it to clean the cabinet. I take out the fans and use the blower.

It is not advisable to vacuum the insides of a computer due to the possibility of a static charge buildup especially in cool dry climates. See You Should Never Use a Vacuum Cleaner to Clean the Inside of Your Computer « What's On My PC

Thanks . I'll use the mini vacuum only to clean the keyboard , monitor (display edges where dust accumulates , computer desk and on top of the cabinet and ups where dust settles a lot. I would also use it to clean my mouse ( death adder).
I guess these areas are safe.
While cleaning the cabinet, I'll use the vacuum only to clean the side panels after removing them . I won't blow or vacuum inside the cabinet.
I can vacuum the key gaps in the keyboard , display edges in monitor , external HDD outside and gaps inbetweeen mouse buttons right? Never knew vacuum could damage the inside. Thanks for the info

Guys,
I won't use anything inside the cabinet. I'm using the USB vacuum cleaner only to clean the dust that is settled on the keyboard , monitor and outside the cabin , outside the external HDD , mouse and so on. Will I be doing any damage?

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

am not going to remove any component. Ill just remove the side panels and ckean the air vents and fans. I don't know to assemble components ( my dealer will do it for me ), so not going to risk removing anything. Just will clean the visible dust on the outsides

It is very basic. No blower. But it is very small, portable and runs off the USB port. The advantage is that you can carry it with you while you travel.

For just cleaning the keyboard, and monitor the Mini Vacuum cleaner would do.

You can also use the regular vacuum on the Keyboard, monitor and UPS. I do it regularly. Blow air. It will do no harm.

If you use the vacuum inside the computer it may rip/blow off some of the components of the motherboard. Do not use the blower or the vacuum for cleaning the motherboard.

I use it for cleaning the cabinet and the fans. I take out the motherboard and other components and the use it to clean the cabinet. I take out the fans and use the blower.

I just got the mini USB vacuum cleaner . I can hear the motor running , but it does'nt suck the dust on my keayboard at all. I tried the rubber and the brush attachment , but both are hopeless. Tried both speed levels too.
Am I missing anything here?

Thanks

that USB vaccum is no good, even i had bought it long back. first you shouldn't use vacuum cleaner on PC except Keyboard. secondly you should not dare use the vacuum cleaner when the pc is on, and this dud thing asks you to do just that.

use a hand blower (~30rs) and a static brush to dust off dirt from the motherboard and smps. does the job fairly well. if you can spend more, get compressed air cans.

that USB vaccum is no good, even i had bought it long back. first you shouldn't use vacuum cleaner on PC except Keyboard. secondly you should not dare use the vacuum cleaner when the pc is on, and this dud thing asks you to do just that.

use a hand blower (~30rs) and a static brush to dust off dirt from the motherboard and smps. does the job fairly well. if you can spend more, get compressed air cans.

Thanks mate. I used it only to clean the dust settled on top of the keyboard and desk.

Can you give me some links about the Hand blower and static brush that ur talking about please?

Thanks in advance.

I just got the mini USB vacuum cleaner . I can hear the motor running , but it does'nt suck the dust on my keayboard at all. I tried the rubber and the brush attachment , but both are hopeless. Tried both speed levels too.
Am I missing anything here?

Thanks

Sprinkle a little talcum powder on a table and use the mini vacuum cleaner. See whether it does vacuum or not. This is meant for cleaning the Key Board of a Lap Top while you are travelling. It is not meant for cleaning dust and grit accumulated over months.

I have a hand blower (a rubber bulb) attached to a brush. This is basically meant for cleaning camera lens. I use it for cleaning RAM slots.

Thanks mate. I used it only to clean the dust settled on top of the keyboard and desk.

Can you give me some links about the Hand blower and static brush that ur talking about please?

Thanks in advance.

i am referring to this.

Attachments

• DUST_BL_LN.jpg
    DUST_BL_LN.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 107
Back