Storage Solutions Verbatim 1TB failed, so I opened it up ! How to claim warranty now ?

vinayaga

Adept
I had purchased a Verbatim 1TB external drive some 6 months ago in ebay and yesterday, it started showing Cyclic Redundancy Errors when copying a file.

1. Who handles the warranty for Verbatim in Bangalore ? Contact numbers or address ? The verbatim site does not have it.

2. I brought it from mediaspacecom. Is Mediahome, a ex-TE dealer the same person as mediaspacecom in ebay ? The bill he gave does not have the sales tax and other details !

Any help will be appreciated.

accell frontline will handle it in bangalore . but u wont be able to claim it anyways since u opened it. the warranty will be based on serial number. you dont even need a bill for it as such.

How are we supposed to get back our data in these cases ? For example, WD allows you to open up the external disk if you ask them for saving the data before it is picked up by their service guys.

Any Bangalore numbers or address of accell frontline ?

I think the warranty is on the harddisk and rather not on the casing, it'd be better if you give it a shot and see.

vinayaga said:
For example, WD allows you to open up the external disk if you ask them for saving the data before it is picked up by their service guys.

Sorry for going OT, but is this for real? Would make an awesome selling point for the WD drives!

^Not sure if that's for real but if you manage to open up the MyBooks (which btw has no sticker/seal) without managing to screw up the external enclosure with tamper marks, you can avail the warranty - at least I was able to get one for mine! :D

vinayaga said:
I had purchased a Verbatim 1TB external drive some 6 months ago in ebay and yesterday, it started showing Cyclic Redundancy Errors when copying a file.

1. Who handles the warranty for Verbatim in Bangalore ? Contact numbers or address ? The verbatim site does not have it.

2. I brought it from mediaspacecom. Is Mediahome, a ex-TE dealer the same person as mediaspacecom in ebay ? The bill he gave does not have the sales tax and other details !

Any help will be appreciated.

Saari baasss :no:

Back