Monitors Vertical Lines on Samsung Monitor

r.nikhil

Recruit
I have a Sasmung SyncMaster 2033 20 inch with a PowerColor HD4850 . I kept my system switched off for 2 weeks .

When I turned it back on there are vertical lines on the screen in yellow. It starts right from booting stage so it's not a Windows Problem. I tried disconnecting-reconnecting the monitor from the graphics card output, but no change!

Has any one experienced the same?

this may indicate an issue with the monitor..... try to set default and also degaiss though it is lee likely that this isue may get resolved, if in warranty, get an RMA done.

Give it for RMA asap, hopefully its in warranty. also dont even to try to degauss it as its an LCD, and degauss is for CRT monitors only.

I had a similar issue with my laptop screen. One fine day suddenly, a vertical line appeared on the right hand side of the screen. Slowly, one became two and two became four. Till date it has thousands of vertical colourful lines on it, making the screen unusable. Got it checked, came to know either the LCD cable has gone bad or the entire lcd has gone kaput due to pressure. My laptop's too old so didnt bother fixing it.

Please get it checked asap.

Back