PC Peripherals Very bad exprience with Antec tech support

I just completed building my PC and noticed the two front fans of an Antec 900 were not spinning and there is a lot of noise out of the working ones. At the beginning the tech support suggested the PSU was bad and the fan switched may be bad. Below is what happen with another Antec Tech support:

Hi Farouk Beshai,
First off, what did you want to do? You have 2 receipts. You want return your power supply to us and pay your shipping to us? I'll give you an RMA number. That's no problem.

Now about your fans
In order for us to send out a replacement for the malfunctioning fan, we need you to do the follow:

Instructions:

1. Break one of the fan blades off the fan, then take a picture of the fan with the broken blade. Please place fan on the side that the Antec logo showing in the picture.

2. Upload a copy of the photo.

Once we receive this information, from there we can put in a spare parts order.

Thank you,

Giving me a sad face when all I wanted was to help you save money. Crazy. Next time do separate tickets for TWO DIFFERENT ITEMS.

Antec Support Team

Ticket: http://support.antec.com/support/tickets/32234

Tech Support Agent
On Mon, 6 Apr at 10:36 AM , Farouk Beshai <farouk.beshai@hotmail.com> wrote:
This morning, an Antec representative told me obtain the receipts from Newegg and we [Antec] will send you replacements. Now you changed your story and asking me to disassemble my PC and send the case and the PSU back to Newegg! How realistic is this?

You really need to change this switching attitude!
Please let us know your opinion on our support experience.

Awesome
Just Okay
Not Good

Hi Farouk Beshai,
You must not understand English properly? How is it cheaper to buy a fan if we're sending it for free? Which all you have to do was follow instructions LOL

We'd prefer not to have customers who do not understand how things work. Less hassle for customer service and tech support.

Have a great day. (^_^)

Ticket: http://support.antec.com/support/tickets/32234

Tech Support Agent
On Mon, 6 Apr at 12:32 PM , Farouk Beshai <farouk.beshai@hotmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for your reply – the solution options given are too much of hassle for me – I'll wait until the PSU quits working all together then replace it with another brand other than Antec – as for the fans; its cheaper to buy replacements than to going by your suggestions.

Thanks again – have a great day
Please let us know your opinion on our support experience.

Awesome
Just Okay
Not Good

I have never seen a worse customer service.

Nobody in my family and friends is going to buy anything from Antec again...

Dear Antec please learn from Corsair, even Zebronics offer a better customer service.

Better quality Local PSU at a known techshop seems a better option after hearing this way of dealing with customers.

Was that a belated April fools joke? I am surprised how casually they are communicating with the end user and... name calling! Shame!

The CS rep was an idiot but I'm curious as to why you didn't want to follow their instructions with the fan? They would send you a new one if you broke the older one. This method is common with Logitech etc as well since it is cheaper for them to just ship you a new item than receiving it, inspecting it and then fixing it. They asked you to break one of the blades so that there is no chance of the product being resold to some one else or returned again.

What the eff did I just read? He asked you to break a fan, take pics and get the replacement? Contact them on facebook and twitter. Post screenshots of the conversation not just text.

The CS rep was an idiot but I'm curious as to why you didn't want to follow their instructions with the fan? They would send you a new one if you broke the older one. This method is common with Logitech etc as well since it is cheaper for them to just ship you a new item than receiving it, inspecting it and then fixing it. They asked you to break one of the blades so that there is no chance of the product being resold to some one else or returned again.
Well, I did not like or had the time to go through the trouble of disassembling my PC and wait for the new parts to arrive - I was hoping to get the new parts first so that I could replace the suspected parts and then ship back whatever they said defective - besides I would have to quickly put my old PC back together to keep working until I get the new PC to work again and I explained all this to them and expected the following answer: "well, sir I don't have a better option for you - have a nice day and call us back if you're willing to go through with our procedures" ... but as you see, I did not get the answer I had expected.
Today, I had sometime to take a deeper look at the two front fans of my Antec 900 case and found that the switches of the two fans kind of stuck on the off position ... I switched them off and on few times and got the fans to work. Once this done, the loud noise of the other fans almost disappeared which eliminated the theory of a defective PSU offered earlier on the phone [before this e-mail drama] by another Antec tech support.

Well, my problems are over for now - however, I would not buy from Antec again in the future ... while I wish Antec well, this is just my personal opinion as a retired staff manager of a major communications company.

Thank you all for taking the time to comment on my post - you all have a nice and blessed day

Back