Very old members resurfacing with very few posts

ankushv

Adept
Is it only me or I'm seeing sale threads with members from many years back with under 5 posts or less ... even posts NA ...
It is hard for me to believe old members have been lurkers without posting for so many threads and suddenly now have begun posting in for sale forums .
Mods please look into it if deemed appropriate else ignore my post and feel free to delete it.
Apologies if I have wasted your time .
Cheers ! Ankush .

it is bothering me as well for some reason.:(
Do we have ghosts here . . .
IDK but I got cat
close-up-of-cat-wearing-sunglasses-while-sitting-royalty-free-image-1571755145.jpg

Is it only me or I'm seeing sale threads with members from many years back with under 5 posts or less ... even posts NA ...
It is hard for me to believe old members have been lurkers without posting for so many threads and suddenly now have begun posting in for sale forums .
Mods please look into it if deemed appropriate else ignore my post and feel free to delete it.
Apologies if I have wasted your time .
Cheers ! Ankush .
Old member - lurking without posting.
There are too many reasons.
There were many techies earlier, and we used to have civil discourse.
There were so many threads on overclocking, being on the leading edge of tech etc.
Members like @BIKeINSTEIN @stormblast (stormy), Chaos (still around) used to help others, when we sold gfx cards, or processors, or motherboards, it was not with the intent of profit, but to help fellow members out.
More importantly, many members have a life full of work and now many have a family, and TE started taking a lower priority.
I am not even sure many of us lurk around anymore, but it's a nice point you raised.
I think there was some platform issue back in the day that caused some data/post reset, I don't remember correctly. My registration is definitely before 2007, as an example.

Here's an old memory!
1627576965354.png

Pretty old member here, If you go by post counts you will be really rolling your eyes. Regular visitor to the forums, But rarely post.

Though your observation makes sense, I would also be interested in looking at how many old members turn out to be compromised accounts.

Also there are a few reasons many of them may have become active:
1. Pandermic and Lockdown.
2. Inactive Other forums.
3. The thriving market section in India.
4. Availability of Time and Money to get or get rid of stuff.

Just somethings which came to my mind.... :) Cheers...!!

I have been a member since 2009 and has not been very active. Recently due to WFH for all family members had to do quite some work on home network. I also noticed there was some posts on networking in TE and am actively participating in such threads. I have also posted a sale thread because due to restructuring i have ended up with some surplus stuff

I have been reading Techenclave and Digit Forums since 2007/2008 I think. I have became member only last year. Not sure which category I will fall into.
Haha I am in a similar boat as you, although I started reading TE around 2012-13. Be careful though, as some older members like to brag about how good TE was back in the day, and how "new" members like us are now ruining te :p

Last edited:
Haha I am in a similar boat as you, although I started reading TE around 2012-13. Be careful though, as some older members like to brag about how good TE was back in the day, and how "new" members like us are now ruining te :p

So lurking since 2012 and created an account this year ;)

Not that it matters. Forums change. You can get some info quicker on reddit and other websites. People change. Priorities change.

If I'm not mistaken many ppl have same IDs across forums - I remember that @dafreaking or @BluDev have been on E and also on TE - this might be the reason why OP is seeing old members

Again I may be wrong but this is my observation.

If I'm not mistaken many ppl have same IDs across forums - I remember that @dafreaking or @BluDev have been on E and also on TE - this might be the reason why OP is seeing old members

Again I may be wrong but this is my observation.

Yeh I registered on E when it started. barely logged in till Early 2019 when I wanted to purchase and sell some stuff. The TE Marketplace wasn't as active. Had like 10 trades in less than a year there and then boom. As far as activity on TE is concerned, it's usually on and off as I said out of general boredom.

Back