Very tight budget in new year for PC!

jaleel_sh

Disciple
Hello,

My friend had a old P4 machine, some components he didn't remember name also, Location is rural area of south tamilnadu, His hard disk totally failed(80 gb) last week. So he decided to replace a PC, but he is on Very tight budget (Rs. 10,000 only), He is in urgent mode to replace his PC.

He currently keeping the Monitor, Speakers, CD drive, Keyboard and mouse, External Hard disk(320 gb), and he alternatively arrange second hand hard disk (500Gb) from another friend.

Suggestion needs for Processor(Amd or Intel), Motherboard, Ram, Cabinet and sufficient SMPS.

His requirements are
Surfing, watching 1080p movies (just now he watched 720p only), Working on Office applications, Some photoshop things, some basic Old PC games and download movies (at least 8 hours he download daily from torrents).

Now i had the response to buy for him from chennai(ritchie street),

i also checked the TE PC buying guide, but didn't able to decide from that. So, please anyone suggest a good basic config.

And i had another question, is ebay reliable for buying the hardware components? because if i get the EMI for these it is really helpful. If any please provide the links?

If i didn't get EMI from Ebay seller, i will go to ritchie street for purchase.

GA-H61M-S2P-B3 (rev. 1.1) ~3400

Intel pentium g620 ~3350

Corsair/Kingston 2GB DDR3 RAM ~600

FSP SAGA II 400W ~1900

Coolermaster elite 310 ~1500

~10750

AMD

Asus M5A78L-M LX ~2850 (AM3+ Compatible with Bulldozer cpus)

AMD Sempron 145 ~1950 (Can be unlocked to dual core)

AMD Athlon II x2 260 ~3300

personally i'll recommend intel config

I just analyze from various threads, and consider some products.

AMD Liano A6-3500 A-Series APU - 4865.00

Asus F1A55-M LX Plus - 4400.00

Corsair/Kingston 2GB DDR3 RAM ~600

Cabinet - CM Elite 310 - 1650

Gigabyte Superb 460 (or) FSP Saga - 1950

But it extends to my budget, if the current cabinet of my friend(i didn't find cabinet name) sufficient, i ignore the cabinet also,

anyone suggests alternate cheap motherboard for this APU processor. and i checked the price from SMC and Theitdepot.

Which is best, through online or go to ritchie street for prices, and please anyone suggest good ebay seller with EMI option to buy these products.

But expected for motherboard suggestions in some cheap for this APU lineup!

and where to shop online or go to shop and some ebay suggestions!

I would go with VIP's Intel suggestion. But in order to save cash considering your tight budget I would go for a Zebronics or Circle generic cabinet w/o SMPS ~ 0.9k

DarkAngel said:
I would go with VIP's Intel suggestion. But in order to save cash considering your tight budget I would go for a Zebronics or Circle generic cabinet w/o SMPS ~ 0.9k

Hi dark angel, i will spent 2k more, i think to buy AMD athlon x-4, or A6 Liano or intel i3 with gigabyte MB(3000rs), which is better bet, pls suggest me the cheap motherboards for amd platform.

i am buying only processor, motherboard, 2gb ram, cabinet and Smps.

See, mate, AMD has 2 platforms running now (excluding the E 450 Brazos for HTPC).

Sempron, Athlon, Phenom, FX ~ AM3+

Llano (A4, A6, A8) ~ FM1

Both cannot be interchanged.

If he plans to game on such a cheap budget, Llano is the way to go. The A6 combo that you have mentioned is sufficient.

The Athlons and Phenom platforms will be EOL by next year.

Else, for what you have stated above, an i3 can do most of the things quite easily. Get that with a H61 board.

Stuff common for both:

RAM ~ Add 4GB of DDR1333 single stick Corsair.

VIP/Circle/FSP/Seasonic/Corsair PSU only. Dont go for other brands.

Add a el cheapo cabinet to the mix above.

CPU - I suggest i3 if your friend can get a entry level GPU if not then stick to AMD liano a6
SMPS - I will suggest you go with fsp cheaper & VFM product
RAM - corsair XMS3 1333 mhz

Hope this helps
IF you have any more question then ask we are ready to help in tech enclave :D

Back