Video Card (DDR3/DDR5 GPU with DP output)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
Im looking to buy DDR3/DDR5 GPU with DisplayPort output, minimum 1GB needed.

my current GPU was ATI 5770, which is giving trouble and system not booting.
If someone has something similar to sell please let me know,

Last edited:
Hey I've got a couple of 1 gb cards.. one of them is a 5770 i guess and the other one ati firepro series one.. pm me if interested.

I have a stock MSI 5850 1 GB with all accessories and standard Displayport output. Please PM me if interested. Location South West Delhi.

Hey I've got a couple of 1 gb cards.. one of them is a 5770 i guess and the other one ati firepro series one.. pm me if interested.

I have a stock MSI 5850 1 GB with all accessories and standard Displayport output. Please PM me if interested. Location South West Delhi.

PM send to both[DOUBLEPOST=1524323353][/DOUBLEPOST]looks like i'm open to any DDR5 which is not below 5770 in performance. im becoming flexible with budget as well.
no room for extra long cards (over 23-24cms )

What as worst time for a dead GPU :(

Last edited:
did you try to re-flow your old card. it may work,.
Not attempted anything, a close visual observation doesn’t showing anything.

Issue: when trying to start system, I’m presented with 4 beeps. One long followed by three short beep. And in monitors says “entering power saving mode”.

This happened earlier 4-6 time, where unplugging and replying monitor cable worked. But now it’s not working.[DOUBLEPOST=1524403143][/DOUBLEPOST]https://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-DisplayPort-PCI-Express-100283-3L/dp/B0035K6H2C
This is the exact model I have, I’m unable to disassemble the heat sink for any further look inside, or reflow.
(No oven only microwave, so can’t reflow)

Last edited:
Try the card on friends pc. Beep says its card error. Reflowing is last hope.
Another option is identify the chip in the card, get an identical chip from eBay or Ali express. Take your card to laptop repair guys who have BGA replacement tools.
This chip is from my non working r280x . and as your card is 5770 I am sure you will find replacement chip easily on eBay
f2f9e4e4c1b96437fa419114cac67fac.jpg

Not attempted anything, a close visual observation doesn’t showing anything.

Issue: when trying to start system, I’m presented with 4 beeps. One long followed by three short beep. And in monitors says “entering power saving mode”.

This happened earlier 4-6 time, where unplugging and replying monitor cable worked. But now it’s not working.[DOUBLEPOST=1524403143][/DOUBLEPOST]https://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-DisplayPort-PCI-Express-100283-3L/dp/B0035K6H2C
This is the exact model I have, I’m unable to disassemble the heat sink for any further look inside, or reflow.
(No oven only microwave, so can’t reflow)
Please Google bga rework in bengaluru. I am sure they will reflow the card for you at 0 cost or minimum charges.

This has the 215-0754013 chip inside and new one costs $50 so not worth replacing the chip. Even used one is like $20 and replacing the chip will cost you 1k at least ( that's the Labour charge).

So take it to bga rework guys and ask them to reflow it and then try it on your pc.

Last edited:
PM replied. I would suggest you try the card on another system, and also try another card on your own system. Your card probably(confirm please) does not need a PCI Express power connector to power up, while anything upwards of 5850 would need that to work. Your PSU also needs to be able to cope up with additional power demand. Please do these before you make a buying decision.

Is DP an absolute priority? Otherwise I have a GTX 560 Twin Frozr II lying around which you could take and test to see if it even serves your purpose. I think I might have a 5770 too somewhere, although not sure.

@smaratha
no provision to check card in another system or spare gpu to check board.
no issue with external power, my current card also need ~108watt from 6pin power connector.

@Niks
Unfortunately yes, DisplayPort is needed. don't want to use converter in between.

As per suggestions, im going to give this card one more try by cleaning the heat sink, reflow, etc and before deciding.

As per suggestions, im going to give this card one more try by cleaning the heat sink, reflow, etc and before deciding.
Before doing any reflowing, please watch this video (if you haven't already). Qualified tech who knows what he's talking about. You'll have a better idea about what exactly happens and why it only works (inadvertently) sometimes.

Now, if you're sure you've tried everything else and someone's doing it for free or a nominal fee, then by all means, give it a shot. Alternatively, you could just borrow a heat gun and DIY. Better yet, as mentioned in the video at 4:56, just chuck the card in an oven (not a microwave) and bake it at 120-130 degrees for about 5-6 mins for the same effect.

But remember, this will only work if the issue is with the chip, not if some other component on the PCB's gone bad. And even if it works, there's no telling for how long. This isn't a fix, just a temporary revival.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back