Budget Above 25K Views on the Xperia Z1 Compact

Ankur.

Disciple
Hey guys.. I have been using a Nokia E6 for the past 3 years and have been happy with it.. Of late it has started giving me software issues and its getting old..

I personally have never been a fan of big chunky phones.. That resulted in elimination of a lot of phone models manufactured these days.. Ultimately I narrowed it down to the Xperia Z1 Compact.. I like the fact that it is 4.3 inches, has good build quality and is a solid overall package. My usage is only phone calls and whatsapp with the occasional camera usage when traveling.

I have always valued and considered TE members advise when buying electronic items and I need the same again.

If there are phones you guys suggest other than Apple and local models, I would be happy to take a look.

Thanks!

1. Budget?
A: Above 25k
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: TFT or LCD
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Don't want Samsung and other local brands. Preference for Sony and Nokia
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Good Camera with flash
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G. 4G if possible
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Phonecalls, whatsapp and occasional photography.
10. Any other requirements?
A: Phone size should be around 4.3 or 4.5 inches.
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Sony Z1 Compact

Done :)

It is a waterproof phone - which earns its seal of approval from me. a lot of custom roms to play around with. decent battery backup and a very good camera. go for it.

There are other issues too.
iirc, there is light bleeding issue with this, and some other issue related to camera as well. The hype around it died soon after those defects were found.
Then there was the issue vis a vis the Anti Shatter film, as the Sony logo is printed on it. Once you take it off, warranty goes away. So a few issues to deal with.

I am not aware of the current status of the issues/solutions though.

There seem to be some issues with the ASF film on the Z1 Compact due to which it'll be discontinued with upcoming models..

Any other phone with similar specifications that you can suggest?

Thanks.

Back