Monitors ViewSonic Intros 16 Inches LCD Monitor

abbY

Skilled
ViewSonic has introduced a series of 16-inches wide-screen LCD monitors with the launch of its flagship VA1616w LCD monitor.

The newbie features an aspect ratio of 16:10, dynamic contrast ratio (DCR) of 2000:1, sRGB Color Management, Auto Tune Function, and ClearMotivII technology for a more accurate viewing experience. ViewSonic claims the VA1616w, with its optimum screen size, offers not only ease of use for simultaneous office applications but also helps reduce distortion while watching DVD or HD content. Besides, all new LCD monitors are compliant with environmental standards including TCO and ENERGY STAR.
Speaking at launch, Gautam Ghosh, country manager (India) of ViewSonic, said, "Designed for SOHO and value-end users, VA1616w is a feature-packed model, offering loaded features for superior performance and functionality."

ViewSonic's new series of monitors will be available May onwards; the VA1616w will carry a price tag of Rs 7,699 (inclusive of taxes) and will come with a three-year warranty.
88717vabigys1.jpg
Link->Techtree.com India > News > Gadgets > ViewSonic Intros 16 Inches LCD Monitor

I wonder if there is any market for this. Anything below 19 inch in widescreen is very poor in terms of height. Given that this LCD will definitely not have the quality of a 19 incher, one is better off with a CRT monitor.

^^ in offices and cybercafes ...there is usually a space crunch...for enthusiasts...a 22/24 incher as the primary display and this 16 incher (decent price) as the secondary would be great.

Many people today (noobs) need lcd monitors with a PC with windows XP (example my dad/uncle/sis)..they dont care about screen size..so there sure is a market for a 16 incher..the price is great..imo u should get this in lammy for about 7k....

Demand is there but the price of 7.7K will be too much!!!
I got 19"WS AOC with better features for 8.5K in December.
Price between 5-6k would get them good sales.

7.7k is the msrp. Street prices will be a lot lower... probably 5k or so. Its a good way to turn CRT buyers into LCD buyers.

Back