Monitors Viewsonic VX2739WM - A 27" LCD 16:9 AR and 1ms RT

Guyz,

I think this monitor is a good Value for Money.

Viewsonic VX2739wm features & specifications:
  • Brand: Viewsonic
  • Model: VX2739wm
  • Type: LCD Monitor Display
  • Display: 27-inch monitor with 1ms response time
  • Full HD 1080p resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio
  • HDMI connectivity
  • 3.5mm audio in / 3.5mm audio out
  • SRS Premium Sound
  • Inputs: DVI, VGA inputs and 4-port USB hub
  • Eco-mode for up to 35% energy savings
  • 2×2W with SRS Premium Sound
  • Anti-glare, hard coating (3H)
  • VESA mountable
  • Warranty: 3 year

A Local Quoted Rs 23500/- but this is in limited supply.

What are your Opinions as I think I should buy this.

Most of the reviews have rated it to be mediocre and okay'ish.

Bit-Tech said:

The Inquirer said:

I'd say, spend a bit more (~10K more) and get a Samsung 32inch LCD TV (such as the LA32C530/C550) if you are looking for a real-estate upgrade. 22inch to 24inch may not be much of an upgrade otherwise IMO.

Desecrator said:
Most of the reviews have rated it to be mediocre and okay'ish.

I'd say, spend a bit more (~10K more) and get a Samsung 32inch LCD TV (such as the LA32C530/C550) if you are looking for a real-estate upgrade. 22inch to 24inch may not be much of an upgrade otherwise IMO.
But most of the experts say that not use LCD/LED TV as an monitor as it damages the membrane.:S

shahbaaz_vision said:
But most of the experts say that not use LCD/LED TV as an monitor as it damages the membrane.:S
LOL what membrane? Point me to a link which says that! :)

I know some of them who use a 32inch LCD TV as their primary display and they are pretty much satisfied by its performance and IQ. The only point to note here is that most of them think that the image sharpness on a LCD TV would not be as good as it appears on a LCD monitor but with a bit of tweaking and calibration, it isn't an issue. Text readability is slightly bad on a LCD TV but nothing that cannot be lived with IMO.

So which is better in terms of 32" LCD TV or 32" LED TV?

I was thinking of LG as they provide IPS Panel, another is Philips 32PFL5609, Please suggest guyz.

shahbaaz_vision said:
another is Philips 32PFL5609, Please suggest guyz.
Which also has an IPS panel. :)

Don't merely go buy the panel types - go to a Croma/Reliance Digital/Next showroom with your laptop and hook it up to the LCD you wish to buy. Reset the display's settings to factory settings and give it a watch.

Samsung LA32B530/B550/C530 etc are good options as well. Samsung uses S-PVA panels for their lineup but at least do not resort to cheap marketing tricks by branding the panel type and so forth.

Back