Vivo Xplay 3S to be the first phone to have a 1440p resolution screen

Aman27deep

Skilled
Every company thrives to be the first to launch a certain product in the market, and now the Vivo Xplay 3S is shaping up to be the first phone in the world to have a 1440p QHD screen (not to be confused with qHD). Although not all specs have been revealed, the device still looks very competent.

The rest of the specifications, as seen by the image above are very decent as well. Snapdragon 800 quad core running the phone being backed up by 3 GBs of RAM - this thing surely isn't a slouch. Also, the primary camera has an f/1.8 aperture, USB 3.0 support is also there and 4G connectivity is surprisingly being shown as supported which means this may be the first phone made for China which supports 4G out of the box. Moreover, the handset also appears to have a Hi-Fi audio chip supposedly next-gen.

Every year we are seeing new features being implemented in phones and surely this will not be the end of it, but I really have to say the screen resolution on phones is becoming a bit pointless. This new phone will inevitable have an insane PPI (pixels per inch) of over 500 which needless to say is an overkill, as the human eye can very barely notice differences of above than 300 PPI. But, we surely have flexible phones and QHD phones to look forward to in 2014.

Attachments

• vivo-xplay-3s-specs.jpg
    vivo-xplay-3s-specs.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 120
Seriously where would this end? Coming days someone would be thinking of a 24 inch fold-able mobile with some insane resolution and obnoxious PPI tagged with some 16 GB RAM.

People dont know anything. They only know that greater the PPI, the better the phone. They dont know that their eyes can barely notice the difference. Over that the stupid salesmen at the mobile shops talk about PPIs and all.

I will stuck with HD display for my whole as I can not notice any difference between HD and full HD display... Later one look sharp obviously but you have to compromise on battery..

While I don't have any use for such a high resolution phone this can only be good news. with such high res displays coming out I can see 720p coming to phones < 10k soon. The Moto G has already started the ball rolling and others should follow suit soon.

Back