Vodafone at its worst!!

ashish

Adept
I think vodafone has lots it senses. :mad: :facepalm: :arghh: :banghead: :rage: :wtf:
I was on non-red plan since a long time and was happy with it. Off late started facing 4g issues and escalated it tons of times but they couldn't do any good and simply offered me red plan in March 2018.
399 rental red plan with-
ultd roaming+ local calls
100 free national+local sms
20gb data with carryforward

Ok so no issues with calling or data so far.
But since then I have been smsing my peers in office and other corporate users around India and per month just 5-8 smses. I ignored initially as to why fight for just 5-6 rupees.
But this continued from march till date.:facepalm:

Fed up and shot emails to nodal officer. To my shock these were his replies(our conversations).... More to that he wasnt able to do anything good & transferred my case to another officer and he too ...:banghead:

upload_2018-7-18_20-12-34.png

[
upload_2018-7-18_20-19-30.png

upload_2018-7-18_20-13-3.png
:arghh:

Now tell me guys its as simple as a nursery kid logic...:facepalm:
I have 100 local cum national sms pack and these idiots are still billing me for smses sent. And keep arguing that I have been charged correctly for smses sent.:rage: :wtf:

I was plainly told that even while roaming the sms will get deduct from the sms pack unless I exhaust all sms quota.

Also if they can offer free roaming + local calls while roaming as well then why cant they make the same for sms??

Prepaid is even worst due to promotional calling harassment as somebody already suffering with it in another thread.

Any SMS sent when you are not on the home network is chargeable. That is what the nodal officer is trying to say.

When you are on the home network, you may send 200 local/national SMSs.

Its plenty clear from the first e-mail reply from the nodal officer.

Well promo calls from your provider are never blocked via dnd or any means.
It does Atleast when I was on idea, Idea ask you to select a perticulor option while activating DND to receive promotion messages once in 2 days. On Jio being using it before it was launched commercially no promotional messages or call, But u do get some fake/spam calls.

I believe KM will be heading the merged company.

where did you read that? all i see is

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...y-adorn-throne-today/articleshow/64629103.cms

Vodafone is expected to own 45.1 per cent, 26 per cent by Aditya Birla Group and Idea shareholders will own 28.9 in the combined entity.

Idea will hold extraordinary general meeting on June 26 to change its name to Vodafone Idea Limited following the completion of merger.

In March this year, Kumar Mangalam Birla was named the non-executive chairman of the prospective combine. Balesh Sharma, currently the chief operating officer of Vodafone India, has been named as the CEO of the new entity. Idea's chief financial officer Akshaya Moondra will head the financial operations of the new entity as its CFO.

The guy's being booted out practically. He's just a board member without too many responsibilities now.

Isn't it the other way round? Idea sold their company to Vodafone. Idea was the one going in loss from years. Switching to Airtel is like jumping into fire from the frying pan.

Oh, I thought airtel is a good option. Some of my friends are on airtel network and using it without any issues.

I'm currently on vodafone network. What irritates about Vodafone is - promo calls (DND is activated ) AND When I try to call it starts its promo ad and I need to listen.

Very irritating.

What's the solution for this then if switching is not a solution.

It's more like Vodafone buying idea .
KM as a face saving measure will head the joint venture .
The second in command is from Vodafone who will hold all the authority .

where did you read that? all i see is

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...y-adorn-throne-today/articleshow/64629103.cms

The guy's being booted out practically. He's just a board member without too many responsibilities now.

It's more like Vodafone buying idea .
KM as a face saving measure will head the joint venture .
The second in command is from Vodafone who will hold all the authority .
Something similar to above, old news source.

I haven't really been following the latest updates.

Back