Vodafone postpaid SCAM ? My uncle is salaried and cannot pay 24000+ amount for a month.

Futureized

Skilled
Hello,
My uncle is salaried and got 2 mobile phones, 1 from his office for official use (Vodafone postpaid) and other Jio or Airtel his personal use.
The Vodafone postpaid according to my uncle is only for calling (no data) and total amount he is liable to pay is around 24000+ ?
He never used this phone for internet data use (as its a small wifi/data less NOKIA device) and only used for making calls..

Please check attached photo of PDF bill. What can be done in this case ?
His company who provided vodafone postpaid is not paying for that huge expenses.

Unable to understand previous dues current dues on credit limit of 4000 only ?

Thanks.

Attachments

• vodafone postpaid scam.png
    vodafone postpaid scam.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 539
Hello,
My uncle is salaried and got 2 mobile phones, 1 from his office for official use (Vodafone postpaid) and other Jio or Airtel his personal use.
The Vodafone postpaid according to my uncle is only for calling (no data) and total amount he is liable to pay is around 24000+ ?
He never used this phone for internet data use (as its a small wifi/data less NOKIA device) and only used for making calls..

His company who provided vodafone postpaid is not paying for that huge expenses.

Thanks.
Simple, don't waste time anywhere
Lodge a complaint at
pgportal.gov.in

Also visit the vodafone shop and check and with postpaid I believe you do get itemized billing so you know when and what was consumed where?
Yes, Its too late to visit now, thought of posting on some online sites, where I can get meaningful replies, Going for itemized billing early morning tomorrow.
Simple, don't waste time anywhere
Lodge a complaint at
pgportal.gov.in
Will this work before he is laid off ?

Yes, Its too late to visit now, thought of posting on some online sites, where I can get meaningful replies, Going for itemized billing early morning tomorrow.

Will this work before he is laid off ?

For me the portal was useless when I had lodged a complain about a bottleneck on road on my way to office where we used to spend like 30+ min stuck in traffic. Never got reply.

Hello,

Thanks.
It is showing as previous balance some 17k plus this month charge. Also, the credit limit is 4k so Vodafone won't allow usage beyond that

Seems the bill were not paid for long time and interest being charged on top of it.

Visit and get it checked.

It is showing as previous balance some 17k plus this month charge. Also, the credit limit is 4k so Vodafone won't allow usage beyond that

Seems the bill were not paid for long time and interest being charged on top of it.

Visit and get it checked.
You are right here, we think about same as well.
4000 credit as showing in bill and allowed this much credit.
Does he have the bills from previous months?
Nope. the office send only current bill, that too not like PDF details attached in first topic above.
(which was received from vi portal)

No details of plan in screenshot. What is given in it and what's not. Neither itemised usage. To reduce efforts, tweet them. You will get help faster. Try adding that number on vi app to get the proper bill with probably itemised usage.

What's model of Nokia handset. Does it have hotsport feature which might be been misused by kids at home etc?

If certain plan doesnt come with data and if internet is used through it then such bills can come. Because it's counted per MB and charged heavily like 10 rs per MB etc.

Just confirmed, vi app gives detailed bill in pdf.

Last edited:
No details of plan in screenshot. What is given in it and what's not. Neither itemised usage. To reduce efforts, tweet them. You will get help faster. Try adding that number on vi app to get the proper bill with probably itemised usage.

What's model of Nokia handset. Does it have hotsport feature which might be been misused by kids at home etc?

If certain plan doesnt come with data and if internet is used through it then such bills can come. Because it's counted per MB and charged heavily like 10 rs per MB etc.

Just confirmed, vi app gives detailed bill in pdf.
Re-read plan details please.
Itmezied usage already suggest by fellow member,.
Tweet/complains already suggested..

Why do you really require NOKIA HANDSED details ? Sorry for CAPS !
Ignore the company (whome my uncle woring for or VODAFONE) !!!!!!!

Rest already assured his handset is useless for internet usage..

Hello,

Thanks.
Didn't you see previous balance?it's above 17k.its wrong bill or typo no way a bill can be so high.Talk to Vodafone or if all connections are on company name they might have added all other employees bills in your uncle bill.

Do you have the bill PDF? Scroll through the rest of the bill. There's a 'Charge Summary' just below that will show what the charges are for.

1641422699061.png

Edit: Sorry ashoka, forgot to quote OP.

Last edited:
Re-read plan details please.
Itmezied usage already suggest by fellow member,.
Tweet/complains already suggested..

Why do you really require NOKIA HANDSED details ? Sorry for CAPS !
Ignore the company (whome my uncle woring for or VODAFONE) !!!!!!!

Rest already assured his handset is useless for internet usage..
I don't need anything. You asked for help so in order to help, others need to know certain details isn't it.

I had already said.. add that account/ number in vi app, you will get detailed bills of several months. You will yourself figure out what's the charges are for.

And when you will get pdf you will also figure out what's missing in screenshot you shared. That's what I had requested but anyway...

@Futureized May be the handset is useless for data purpose but ISD calling is always enabled in postpaid connections. You've mentioned that this number belongs to the company so may be he used to call overseas clients. One thing I strongly suggest you that before dragging Vi to social media platforms, do a thorough analysis of the bill because these bigger companies have strong legal team. Also do get the "Terms and conditions" data of the plan activated on that number and verify that the usage is in accordance to the conditions mentioned.

@Futureized May be the handset is useless for data purpose but ISD calling is always enabled in postpaid connections. You've mentioned that this number belongs to the company so may be he used to call overseas clients. One thing I strongly suggest you that before dragging Vi to social media platforms, do a thorough analysis of the bill because these bigger companies have strong legal team. Also do get the "Terms and conditions" data of the plan activated on that number and verify that the usage is in accordance to the conditions mentioned.
Terms and conditions will be rejected first moment in court.Judge will simply ask apposition lawyer to read from booklet they provide.Words are so small he will not be able to read it end of story.Wordings should be understood by consumers not only written to fulfill terms of govt.have seen many time in court.Dont pay bill simple they will not do anything same thing happened with me years ago.i refused to pay and threw their sim away still they sends me gifts on holi Diwali after 10 years.

Terms and conditions will be rejected first moment in court.Judge will simply ask apposition lawyer to read from booklet they provide.Words are so small he will not be able to read it end of story.Wordings should be understood by consumers not only written to fulfill terms of govt.have seen many time in court.Dont pay bill simple they will not do anything same thing happened with me years ago.i refused to pay and threw their sim away still they sends me gifts on holi Diwali after 10 years.
Ya that's true, but here the story is not that simple. This particular number belongs to the company so the moment he rejects to pay the bill, the company can deduct that amount from his salary and I think that can be a reason why Vi is continuously giving credit above the limit of 4000. Also these days "Terms and conditions" are easily available on website and are easily readable. Vi postpaid TnC

Ya that's true, but here the story is not that simple. This particular number belongs to the company so the moment he rejects to pay the bill, the company can deduct that amount from his salary and I think that can be a reason why Vi is continuously giving credit above the limit of 4000. Also these days "Terms and conditions" are easily available on website and are easily readable. Vi postpaid TnC
That 4k limit is nothing it will keep increasing if you pay bills on time.Its automated process in their computers.Just don't pay appeal to nodal officer.forgot to mention telecommunication is different and disputes are resolved by nodal officers appointed by tele company itself then there is another govt body you can appeal to.you can't go straight to court you have to appeal to various bodies it's governed by Indian telegraph act 1885.It was mainly made by British to save tele companies from court proceedings.and nobody has changed a 135 years old act just because it has condition favorable to telephone companies.and people were saying there is nothing wrong in agri bills.

I don't need anything. You asked for help so in order to help, others need to know certain details isn't it.

I had already said.. add that account/ number in vi app, you will get detailed bills of several months. You will yourself figure out what's the charges are for.

And when you will get pdf you will also figure out what's missing in screenshot you shared. That's what I had requested but anyway...
Hello,
Sorry for wrong message.. uncle was here and he wrote in that language.
Apology for his tone. Will do needful as everyone replied here.
I have 4 page pdf for his mobile number.
Cant upload here.. But whatever page or details are required will share same as print screen from windows os

Last edited:
Back