Vodafone to offer iPhone 4!

Didn't want to post this in that other iPhone 4 thread which is more of a fighting ground :p. Still if this is wrong, please merge it with that thread :)

The recent press statement from Vodafone revealed that the network carrier is all set to bring the iPhone 4 to the Indian market in the coming months.

Vodafone is said to bring the iPhone 4 to India wrapped up with a slim look. The iPhone displays a 3.5-inch Retina display with a 960 x 640 resolution that enables users to watch quality videos within a click.

At 9.3mm which makes it sleek and easy to handle. The phone runs on iOS4 which enables the device to run at a faster pace. The operating system is complemented with 100 fresh features and about 1500 new APIs for creative developers.

The iPhone 4 offers an A4 processor and a 3-axis gyro that allows up to 40percentage extended talk time. The display produces clear texts, images and videos for enhanced viewing. The FaceTime characteristic of the phone helps users to dial a video call from a Wi-Fi area.

The iPhone 4 has a 5MP camera with a digital 5x zoom for better photography. The phone exhibits capturing images with a backside illuminated sensor with a LED flash. The phone provides seven hours of talk time on 3G networks, up to 10 hours of browsing on Wi-Fi 802.11n and up to six hours on 3G, and up to 10 hours of video playback and up to 40 hours of audio playback. The phone also acquaints with Quad-band HSUPA to provide its user’s 7.2Mbps downlink and 5.8Mbps uplink capability.

Vodafone has not yet disclosed the pricing details.

Vodafone should really set the pricing at max Rs.35k if they really want it to be a success. I think anything above that will hardly find any buyers (except ultra Apple enthusiastics)

Source

Yaar whats the news in this? Its already posted in the other Thread that vodafone is gonna bring it. We already knw that its gonna happen. So what matters to us is the date. The coming soon part can be anything from Sept to next Feb.

^ You are contradicting yourself... you'll wait till it is 25k.. which you say is never going to happen.. LOGIC = FAIL!

Why would I want to pay full price and get locked phone? Not to mention, Vodafone didn't even get 3G license in Rajasthan. No use of getting this.

amol_cool said:
Didn't want to post this in that other iPhone 4 thread which is more of a fighting ground :p. Still if this is wrong, please merge it with that thread :)

Vodafone should really set the pricing at max Rs.35k if they really want it to be a success. I think anything above that will hardly find any buyers (except ultra Apple enthusiastics)

Source
I wouldn't be too sure of that. Most iPhone users I know would buy it even if it were priced at 45K. Yes, they're rich kids with a lot of money to throw.

^ Does it all revolve around rich kids always? I mean if that is factor then only Rich kids buy high End PC, Speakers, Amplifiers etc rite? Ever heard of the term called enthusiast? I am not rich but i have been saving up for this so i will buy it subject to some budget constraint . So please dont say only rich kids with money to throw will buy it

^ Well said. This is especially true as of today when there are more than "rich kids" who buy expensive stuff. Personally I feel that the "rich kids" reasoning got outdated 4-5 years back ever since the I.T ( and other ) companies made their mark in the economic perspective. Big salaries = Big purchases!

Vodafone can try "2 yr contract" to subsidize iPhone price if they have the courage. I wonder why not even one MSP have tried this method while 1p/s , 1Rs/call etc are introduced.

apextwin146 said:
^ Does it all revolve around rich kids always? I mean if that is factor then only Rich kids buy high End PC, Speakers, Amplifiers etc rite? Ever heard of the term called enthusiast? I am not rich but i have been saving up for this so i will buy it subject to some budget constraint . So please dont say only rich kids with money to throw will buy it
Please don't read "most iphone users I know" as "only rich kids with money to throw".

Back