Vodafone Unethical services

matoind

Adept
I just ported to vodafone from Airtel as I was getting a good offer.

But the experience has been far from smooth. Main cause is Over Clever staff. I had subscribed to Rs 100 3G 250GB Plan. In just 2 days I got a call from Vodafone that I was about to exceed the Data limit and made me upgrade to the next plan citing that otherwise I will have to pay a very heavy bill. After that I checked my phone statistics that said that hardly any data was used. So I called Vodafone to clear the confusion, and to my surprise he informed me that 0 GB data has been used. So I asked him to put me back to Rs 100 Plan to which he refused saying that the plan has been withdrawn.

Next someone called me to take the bill on email(instead of paper), to whom I refused informing him I have to submit the bill in my company, so send me only postal bill. But he or their system simply changed the settings to email bill. When I got the sms for dues, I called customer care to informed them that I have not got the bill. They they informed me that the bill has been sent by email. So I told him that I want by post. After that he said that it was not possible because it has been sent by email. Anyways he asked me put put that SMS to start paper bill. I also put an SMS for duplicate bill after that. So I got a call from Vodafone. I informed the person that I want a paper bill. So he said that I should again put the SMS for duplicate bill. But I didnt get any paper bill. After that the Due date passed. My serviced got blocked. Again I called to the customer care that I have not yet received the bill. He checked the system and informed be that there was no such request. So he took a request for a duplicate bill and informed be that the bill will reach me in seven days (and opened the phone services). But just after 3 days they again blocked the services. I asked them to at least give me a bill before asking for payment. But they refused. Ultimately my company has not paid and I had to pay from me pocket to get the phone working.

I am just waiting for 3 months to get over and port back to Airtel. Vodafone is a highly unethical company where they simply don’t listen to the customer. They will use even cunning ways to make you pay more or reduce their expenses.

I have the same issue with my dads number. I got a call from Vodafone saying that I would get for 349 1GB net + calls + SMS. I opted for it. However, they put me on 299+250 plan and were refusing.

Planning to port out soon. I switched from 299 to 175 plan and told them to discontinue net, but they have still not done it yet. Thinking how to get them to refudn the money as 0GB has been used so far.

The prepaid charges keep changing and no one can keep abreast of all the changes. There is no hanky panky with MTNL in Delhi, but their coverage is bad. But Airtel was definitely better than Vodafone. They never arm twisted me. Vodafone seems to have outsourced the customer care services with incentives to push products. Hence the tele callers simply lie or fool you so that they can earn.

In this case I will stand with Vodafone as using the same no. since yr 2001 when Vodafone wasnt even in India. Their network is simply unbeatable and service too. is costly but they seriously have served me very faithfully. Touch wood. :happy:
They have served me and many other friends very well. But again most of us are postpaid customers since way back 2006-7 and just have juggled between 2-3 plans till date. I do have a secondary Docomo prepaid no. which i use for sms/i'net etc. and for roaming as well. Also, use Mtnl dolphin as my last backup.

Warning!! Always shift/choose the plans officially listed on network providers website and not by door agents or tele-call plans which they offer you by randomly calling your no. just to increase their sale.

Had such pathetic experience with airtel in yr 2010 when two a**h*le agents coming to my house and offering me a plan which wasnt even announced/released by airtel at that time. :mad: :wtf:
They lost their jobs :finger: when I complained to the higher authority though I had to pay the bill for first month.

I'm in Pune on roaming since past 2 years and even if I face any network issue, Vodafone resolves it promptly within 48hrs followed by a very good followup system. :cool:
Else other networks providers simply avoid queries by saying that "you are in roaming so contact the roaming customer care etc." & similar baseless reasons.

uploadfromtaptalk1405777397714.jpg
you will get replies like these [emoji12]

Back