PC Peripherals Voltage Stabalizer or UPS

Hey there guys , need some help . I am looking for a voltage stabalizer , the last time i went looking for one , every shop i went to had a different local make . There were two types to the different makes 1) Servo 2) Digital . Finally i settled for a brand named BenchMark which i later found out was manufactured in chembur in Mumbai. It was a servo one, 1 KW, very bulky and i paid 1k for it with a years warranty . 4 months into the purchase i noticed that my cabby was giving mild shocks , The LED's on my voltage stabalizer showed everything was fine . I was perplexed and cudnt find out the reason to it . By accident i plugged my voltage stabalizer into my spike guard and voila i see that the very device supposed to protect my components is not grounded . Luckily i didnt have any damaged components . I went to the shop had a big time argument spoke to the manufacturer himself , got a new one as a replacement but couldnt trust it so never used it again . Now i have a couple of things just brought in from the US and am back to look for a voltage stabalizer again , as i couldnt find any reputed ones, i feel that i have no choice but to go in for an UPS , though i dont need it since i only play games and dont feel the need to back it up .

SO the help i need from u guys is to let me know of any reputed voltage stabalizer brand with their prices and the lowest priced reliable UPS brands and models and their prices . thanks in advance , and yea 1 KW .

Voltage stabilisers only regularise the voltage fluctuations if any on your elec. line. the servo ones are good one and i do not have hands on experience of digital ones.

while ups are of two variety:
first only power back up : which just provide you with battery power when there is power outage.

secone ones are installed with inbuilt AVR (automated voltage regulator) here the power continuously gets checked and if voltage goes below or above recommended range it switches on the battery backup power.

then there is another classification of UPS too:

line interactive
truly online

Line interactives act according to line fluctuations and they have avr installed ot may be not.

while Online ups always provide power through batteries i mean to say the elec. power goes into ups gets scrutinised goes through battery and then it delivers the best rated power to the system.

online ups are recommended for very critical instruments like medical instruments, surgical instruments, pharmaceutical industry power backup where a slight variation can lead to a mishap.

in india
in line interactive ups APC is best and most sold.
in Online UPS Numeric is best and most sold.

current prices are beyond my scope and i can not comment on that wait for some other person to throw light on it.

most of the ups used for pc are line interactive ones as they are cheaper.

APC India have been showing an Automatic Voltage Regulator (Stabilizer ?) on their pages for products available in India for some months now - when I asked them in Oct 04 for this product they gave me a run around - I could not get this so I picked up their UPS model BACK-UPS RS 800. This is the 3rd APC UPS I have purchased and their quality is down. But there is no other company that makes better UPS. I paid 5.5k for this UPS in Oct.

Here is the page about the APC Automatic Voltage Regulator .

Back