w800i new problem

hey ppl,

already had this joystick problem with my w800i and now a new problem has arisen.My comp fails to detect my phone when it is connected via the usb port (it was working good all this while).It just says unrecognised device connected and my phone doesnt pop up the file transfer/Phone Mode option.I tried it in my friend's pc as well and it gives the same error.I have already installed the w800i USB drivers that i had downloaded from their site.The phone also doesnt recharge via USB but it does via the normal adapter.What could be the problem?

Any help would be Appreciated.

Thanks.

Have u tried after rebooting ur pc?
I had a similar problem too,but later i found it was mostly due to erratic connector (with dust and dirt)..

i tried my dad's k510i DCU-60 as well (its basically the same adapter).The same problem persists,whereas it detects my dad's phone correctly.Shud i restart the pc keeping the phone connected itself?

as its saying unrecognized device there must be problem with u r usb cord. try with different usb cord if any of ur friend has same phone. try it..

If possible try a different data cable, if it doesn't work then there may be a prob with the phones fastport connector .

Few other steps you can try,like restarting the phone.
Turn off phone,remove the battery and put it back and start it again and try.
Turn off phone,remove SIM,then put batt back and try..
last step would be to try a master reset (backup everything via bt or something).
and again ,make sure your contacts (where the connector lead touches) in the phone are clean..

if any of ur friend has same phone try his data cord and see if it works...
cord may have inside problem may be breakage.

Mail Sony.in and discuss your problem with them ask for Paid Help, they may be ready for it, after all it's there product and you ready to pay them.

If they refuse than ask them what I should do with such phone which can't perform up to mark also inform that your city have some Nokia Repair shop/tech but no one ready to even touch SE phones. So is it your SIN that you Buy SE and put your Trust in SE BRAND.

Else see local REPUTED SE REPAIR SHOP if not than ask SE that you are going to see CONSUMER COURT, as there is Verdict that Manufacturer can't wash hands as warranty expires they need to give service and charge accordingly.

Back