Budget 41-50k Wait for Broadwell?

pauldmps

Skilled
Need a laptop urgently. Are Broadwell based laptops near release in India? I can wait upto 1st week of March.

* What's your Budget?
~40k +- 2k. Cannot go much higher.

* What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
Coding - Android Studio & Visual Studio, Gaming in low/mid settings.

* What size and weight considerations do you have?
15.6' only. No smaller, no larger

* Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
Preferred: Lenovo, Dell, Asus
Strictly no HP

* Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.)Core i5 only.
Full HD screen ,back-lit keyboard preferred
Will be hackintoshing for Xcode.

I am thinking about this: www.flipkart.com/lenovo-z50-notebook-4th-gen-ci5-4gb-1tb-free-dos-2gb-graph-59-429623/p/itmey8rv9qnwgfug?pid=COMEY7NJWEGHY6HF

Last edited:
You can do three things here,
buy it now if you cannot wait.
or wait for broadwell when it releases and buy a broadwell laptop
or wait for broadwell to release and buy haswell (or any previous gen.) laptop at a lower price.(price should fall then)
I belong to the last group :D

Lenovo is offering 2yrs of extra warranty upto 28th Feb. Also Flipkart is offering 1k extra off & free airtel 3G dongle. That is why I am thinking if it is worth the wait.

Lenovo is offering 2yrs of extra warranty upto 28th Feb. Also Flipkart is offering 1k extra off & free airtel 3G dongle.
Showrooms here quoted similar offer of 1k off and dongle free. In fact i found that some prices were lower than online. Same for the warranty IIRC. I went to Nehru Place yesterday.

Unfortunately I can't buy from a store as I'll buy using my parent's debit card (which I do not physically possess)
Also, I'm not in a metro city and pricing here is pretty bad.

Back