Waiting List Vs PQWL

jammy420

Adept
From my station, I had WL of 76 and from the station previous to me it was WL of 47. So I booked from the previous station and changed the boarding point to my station. but the WL has been named as Pooled QUOTA WL.

Will my tickets get confirmed before 76 ( the number if I had booked at my station) ?

There are many sites which tell you the expectancy of whether your ticket will get confirmed or RAC... Infact I think irctc itself shows possible confirmations for the current waiting list.

These days IRCTC has a CNF probability for WL tickets in the train select screen. A sleeper ticket with WL 47 & still 4 weeks remaining might still get CNF, but AC, I highly doubt for that time frame.

You never posted the time remaining till the travel date as that also matters a lot.

These days IRCTC has a CNF probability for WL tickets in the train select screen. A sleeper ticket with WL 47 & still 4 weeks remaining might still get CNF, but AC, I highly doubt for that time frame.

You never posted the time remaining till the travel date as that also matters a lot.
sleeper class ticket
treat it as a generic question, which gets confirmed first.

I am not curious about this journey alone, but booking from the previous station as a principle to reduce WL

Last edited:
If you pose your question as generic the reply may not help your case.

Pooled quota waiting list is waiting list against quota of several intermediate stations pooled together. The chances of confirmation of pooled quota waiting list is usually low compared to normal W/L or RLW/L.

Booking from the previous station helps if the previous station waiting list is being operated as source location waiting List.

Back