Wallet Feedback Thread

So given the pervasiveness of wallets in our live, I think a mega thread of different wallet threads is required. My experience with different wallets have been thus:
a. Paytm - Used to have a lot of cashbacks etc and there were constant issues but things have calmed down quite a bit. Offers are less but increased stability. Many of the vendors near me embraced it during the demonetization.

b. Mobikwik - While they still run offers I constantly see them trying to chicken out of those offers. The new gimmick is called supercash. Only 10% of the cashback can be used for next order. So it's kinda okay.

c. Freecharge - They run a lot of offers, at least used to. From what I read in an other thread they seem to be selling info to third parties so you have wonder if it's worth all the trouble. I have used them less and less over time.

d. Pockets - One thing I notice with most wallets by banks, they suck. And ICICI's pocket is no exception. Limited options to add money and pushing the pockets card recently has been to the fore. The biggest issue came during their dominos campaign where a failed transaction took over 30 days to complete while the worst I had with other wallets have been less than a week. ICICI does sometime runs good offers too.

Though one thing I have noticed. If you have rooted your android phone it keeps asking for superuser access for some reason.

e. HDFC Payzapp - IMHO, this is the proverbial shit wallet for me. They keep adding new features which leave you confused on how to use the app.
Lately they added a "logout" feature without any on-screen prompts. So you get a call/SMS, you check that and come back to the app, it will ask you for login and then tell you that - last logout was incorrect hence can't login. So need to wait for 20 mins before you can go in.
Payment for this app is kinda limited, while you can use the Payzapp VCC to transact any where direct wallet debit is available only on supported mobile apps and that too with a drawover on the current app. I can't count the number of transactions have failed for me because of this.
Recently for a failed transaction which actually came up with a failed page, these guys claim it was successful and to check with the merchant. And the merchant says to check with them. No has responded to my query for over 3 days now so support also sucks big time.

Root on android seems to be a problem with Payzapp too.

So what's your experience with the wallets out there?

Brother has been using PayTM a lot since December. I just can't trust either these companies or our weak consumer laws to help us when money gets stuck. Have only used PayTM and Freecharge for recharges and got cashbacks only on Freecharge because usually I am in a hurry to do the recharge. Recently got decent cashback on both Freecharge and PayTM when booking movie and flight tickets.

Pockets was enough for me to stop using or caring for any of these wallets. don't want to go round about way to pay by filling a wallet when i could pay directly through cc.

btw, you can use root cloak (in exposed) to hide root from all the bank apps. I've used it with ICICI, Standard Chartered (which refused to open when it saw phone was rooted) and some other apps successfully.

Back