CPU/Mobo Want a CPU,Mobo,RAM

nchinmay

Disciple
I wantto buy a new Dual-core CPU with an Nforce 4 mobo having onboard 6150 gfx chip. And 512MB of compatible RAM. I cant decidebetween AMD and Intel. Again I am not building a rig but would prefer a core 2 duo. It will be nice if some one quotes the prices. Oh and I stay in Mumbai.

You'll be better off with intel.

Core 2 duo e6300+Asus P5LD2-VMSE+512MB DDr2 533 for 9.2k+5k+2.9k respectively.

Saiyan said:
You'll be better off with intel.

Core 2 duo e6300+Asus P5LD2-VMSE+512MB DDr2 533 for 9.2k+5k+2.9k respectively.

does the mobo have any onboard gfx capabilities?

and how does e6300 compare with other processors. I mean how do u interpret the number e6300 in terms of performance?

nchinmay said:
does the mobo have any onboard gfx capabilities?

and how does e6300 compare with other processors. I mean how do u interpret the number e6300 in terms of performance?

Yea its based on the 945G chipset so has onboard GMA 950. Older games will work but dont expect any newer games to run properly(if they run at all even).

Performance wise, the E6300 performs about 10-15% better than an X2 3800+

How does intel E6300 compare with X2 4200 + / X2 4400 + ? I am not planning to over clock . Also is there any advantage in price for choosing one over other? Esp while choosing a mother board ?

Also is AMD still making x2s ?

Another question is whats the difference between different cores on X2. I found three of them similarly priced manchester, windsor and a 65w windsor.

mak_teche said:
How does intel E6300 compare with X2 4200 + / X2 4400 + ? I am not planning to over clock . Also is there any advantage in price for choosing one over other? Esp while choosing a mother board ?

Also is AMD still making x2s ?

Another question is whats the difference between different cores on X2. I found three of them similarly priced manchester, windsor and a 65w windsor.

already got your answer in your thread here http://www.techenclave.com/forums/need-help-deciding-a-cpu-desktop-80599.html

Back