Video want to buy 32 inch flat screen TV

hello, im looking to buy a flat screen TV in the 22-27k range.

i checked around a bit and found these tv's, and the dealers are willing to give nominal discounts.

toshiba :

32PB20 25K

32PB10

32PB2

32PB1 22K

32HV10 20K

PANASONIC:

THL32C30D 27K (i like this one, but has some useless(for me) features like Internet apps, wireless) has an ips panel,

LG:

LK311 24K

LK450 31K

SAMSUNG:

LA32D430 24K

LA32D450 28K

LA32D550 31K

i know that the dynamic contrast thing they toss around is bullcr@p.

this is the info i gathered from my net research, the points to look for in a tv :

100hz scan freq.

matte screen

contrast ratio > color saturation > color accuracy

native resolution

frame rate nominal rate for film is 24 frames per second, while the rate for video is 30 frames per second

standard 1080p video, which is technically 1080p/60, each frame is repeated twice

ANSI contrast ratio measurement

and the shopkeepers i talked to are willing to run a few tests on the tvs to compare.

so, what should i look for?

what images to use?

how to test the quality of pictues? coz i'll be visiting different stores.

i dont think i'll be buying any HD content anytime soon, and i dont own a ps3, so full hd is of no use for me. will be trying for a 720p one, for mostly standard content or sometimes connecting to the computer.

just want want a tv to use in the bedroom, about 7-11 feet viewing distance,

1080p not needed

can buy online if the price difference is significant.

looking to buy in 1-2 days

thanks

http://www.flipkart.com/tv-video/te...Atjv+Dlj7H4xJIw--&_r=7WGpjgiTMRPbJpDnC_8jDA--

how is this one?

Samsung LA32D550 31K - doesnt have the 100hz refresh rate though.

Good format playback support. Good colors. Sound is not too impressive.

You can check out the LG JAZZ range in the 32" .. its got a nice sound output.

Also after sales service of Samsung is best from what i've seen.

-dont ever discount the need of 1080p .. its always best to have it around.

You can try going for the samsung D580 which most certainly has a SPVA panel with natively superior contrast compared to the LG.It also has a better UI then the LG.

The 100hz for a 32" is a waste.

Samsung LA32D550 31K - doesnt have the 100hz refresh rate though.

Good format playback support. Good colors. Sound is not too impressive.

You can check out the LG JAZZ range in the 32" .. its got a nice sound output.

Also after sales service of Samsung is best from what i've seen.

-dont ever discount the need of 1080p .. its always best to have it around.

A.S.S. not worth it if they only give a years warranty and have no AMC plan. Buy an expensive TV and then be on your own after a year is unfair.

Better to go with LG, not sure if warranty period is 1 or 3 years, but at least you can gen an AMC and have peace of mind.

well, those things in the quotes in my post are not writ in stone, i mean, im not looking for everything writtin inside that, just taht those features would be nice to have in the tv.

well, im not buying a 31k tv, as i said, my budget is 22-27k

went to check more tv's today.

MODEL:::FLIPKART PRICE:::STORE PRICE (croma in greater noida)

LG :

LK450 25k 30k (great contrast, superb blacks, even depper than the LK430, but loses out a bit on clarity, has some bleeding)

LK430 27k 31k (excellent image quality, no bleeding when displaying overlapping transparent gray stripes)

K322 23k 27k

Panasonic :

X24D 23K

C30D 26K 26K (has fairly noticible bleeding in the gray stripes test, but good contrast, good black levels)

Samsung:

D403E2 23K 24/26K (bad contrast, almost horrible, maybe settings were wrong, but if that is the stock settings, im not going for it)

D450 28K 28K

for testing, i used:

a large image of a synthetic starfield, with dots of varying size and intensity, with random patterns and bunching up of 'stars' in clusters

a line of blocks going from black to white

vertical bars going from extremely thin to thick left to right (alternating black and white)

didnt much test color.

i really liked the two LG's, the 450 and 430, and the panasonic C30D.

the pic quality of the samsung was terrible, it could not display half of the starfield.

i'll go back tomorow and run some more tests, thjis time with color.

so, guys, are any of these TV's a steal?

all prices from Flipkart and Croma store in Greater noida, resp.

also, is it safe to buy from FK? i mean, will they deliver in safe and timely fashion?

Flipkart will deliver in time most of the time and safe. (check pincode deliverable or not)

After the wooden crate/pack delivered in your house, dont expect any body else (That particular Brand comapny technician) to come and open and set it up .

The SPVA panel on the Samsung LCDs is far superior to the IPS on the LG.

How is SPVA panel far superior? IPS panels have the best color reproduction. LG Panels have a good response time as well. One thing where it lags is the black levels (I am not comparing the contrast ratio)

^^SPVA panels generally have better viewing angles and also have better contrasts,as you've already pointed out.Also Samsung trumps LG in terms of the 'brand' value it brings to the table.

Ehh..Comparing two different things?

Quality Vs Quality

Warranty Vs Warranty

Don't you think that would have been better.?

No that wouldn't be the way to go as Samsung's Panels are better (Quality) and LG's Warranty is better.

So its LG vs Samsung, i.e., Quality vs Warranty

go for LG 32LK332 its got 3 hdmi and one usb port which can play portable hdds too!
<

Back