Monitors Want to buy a new Monitor ... 27" or 24"?

Aercy

Patron
I wanna buy a new LCD, preferably a 27" LED. I have been using 19" Samsung SyncMaster 932NW (2000:1 contrast ratio, 5ms, 1440x900res) LCD for the last 3 years. It's going fine but I wanna indulge in larger monitor with full HD. I am into casual Gaming (weekends are all I have) & HD Movie. I have gone through some probables but am confused about few things ....

Requirements:

Budget: 20k(ideal)-22k(Max)

Resolution: Full HD 1080p

Response Time - 2ms (at the most 5ms)

Input: HDMI Port

Others: LED preferred but optional

1) Should I go for 27"? or a 24" is enough?

2) How's BenQ, ACER, Asus, Viewsonic & Dell LCDs compared to Samsung? Will they deliver for 2 years?

3) Do you have any particular suggestions for me?

The Probables' list:

27" -

i) Samsung S27A550H

ii) BenQ M2700HD

24" -

i) Dell ST2420L

ii) Acer S243HL

iii) Samsung S24A350H

iv) BenQ V2400 Eco

v) BenQ G2420HD

vi) BenQ V2420H

vii) BenQ EW2430V

Please suggest me the best possible solution without going beyond my budget; remember 20k is the ideal one.

Many people suggest Dell Ultrasharp U2311H ... but the 2 downside for which I have not selected it in the list are i) Below 24" screen & ii) No HDMI (I intend to connect XBox360 to it when I buy one... maybe in December)

Re: Wanna buy a new Monitor ... 27" or 24"?

27" PERIOD

u cn gt sum amazing deals at amazon.com below 20k, including shipping and duty

Re: Wanna buy a new Monitor ... 27" or 24"?

^ No warranty, and the possibility of something delicate like an LCD panel being damaged after being shipped halfway around the earth.

Why don't you suggest something realistic for a change? :p

I am gonna buy locally that too from physical store.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

From my own research it seems I should choose between BenQ G2420HD & Dell U2311H ..... isn't it? Cuz I am not going beyond the 20k ideal budget (extending it to 22k is not gonna fetch something worth the money it seems).

Amazon Direct has a 30 days DOA warranty AFAIK. If it is damaged in transit, you can send it back and they will send a fresh piece. 30 days no questions asked policy AFAIK.

Alternately, BenQ M2700HD is for around 20k at Lynx

^That is utter stupidity. Why would one take the headache of sending it back again & then wait for another 2 weeks to get a replacement?!!!!! Good monitors are easily available in India. Absolutely no reason to buy from Amazon or other offshore e-stores.

Yup i agree atleast on delicate items like lcds your should shop locally where everything can be checked personally & even if DOA you will get it immediately.

If you're not in a hurry, try waiting a few months for Samsungs S-PLS screens : LCD and TFT Monitor News

Someone mentioned in another thread that these are expected here, although no clue on the pricing.

aercy said:
Why was this moved to hardware zone? Then all the Queries about GFX card etc should be moved here as well.

The PC Buying section is only for complete configs :)

I had a quick check and could not see any individual queries for graphics cards, but report it and someone should move it to the right sections.

rite said:
Amazon Direct has a 30 days DOA warranty AFAIK. If it is damaged in transit, you can send it back and they will send a fresh piece. 30 days no questions asked policy AFAIK.

Who will pay for the shipping to send it back?

Do you have any actual examples of buying a monitor from Amazon?

As an example, I looked at the OP's 1st option - Samsung S27A550H. Its supposedly priced at 20.5k INR here, and costs 430$ on Amazon (~19K INR). Not worth it.

I think I'll go for BenQ G2420HD ... then in 2 months I will get xbox 360 & hook it up to the monitor. Only issue is the Sound output from xbox 360 :(

aercy said:
Only issue is the Sound output from xbox 360 :(
You will have no issues with that if you are connecting the X360 to the G2420HD using an HDMI cable. The sound output can be had from the 3.5mm headphone jack on the display. You can have it connected to a 2.1 system/pair of cans.

Back