Graphic Cards Want to buy graphic card under 10k

hello guys,
i m back in TE after a long time....i m planning to sell by old gpu and buy a new PCIE gpu for my motherboard....now i have referred the Graphics card buying guide...however i didin't find anything interesting for me...my budget is under 10k..i m looking for a card that gives me the performance i paid for and card that doesn't heat too much..........i m thinking of buying the XFX 9600GT...however inputs from u guys will also be appreciated....

so eagerly waiting for ur suggestions and opinions.:hap2:

at that pricepoint the 4850 is a no brainer, if you are looking at maximum bang for the buck. U'll also find many 88/9800 GTs in the price bracket.

PD 2.66 will bottleneck all midrange GPUs. U should invest max 5.6-6k on GPU ie 4670/9600GSO/9600GT and upgrade CPU+Mobo w/ saved money. E7200 5k + Gigabyte G31 2.5k, sell current PD + G945.

Also 1GB RAM is too less for gaming, DDR2 RAM is dirt cheap, Transcend 667MHz 1GB DDR2 stick costs Rs. 750 iirc.
i m looking for a card that gives me the performance i paid for

Get a 4670 , dont spend much on a graphic card for that system as it will get bottle necked. As siddu said , spend a maximum of 6k on the card , and invest the rest in the remaining config.

No offence meant but bro with that config its better you dont spend money on gpu instead get a good psu,mobo,proccy,ram for now first.:)

if u dont plan on an upgrade soon, you wont really benefit from a top notch card.... get a 4670 at best... should cost around 5k....

ok..if u guys are suggesting to sell my config..tell me where shud i sell them first??????? because i pretty darn sure that nobody is going to buy it in techenclave.... i have heard that there are some shops in lamington that buy second hand computer components..... any ideas???????

Lol, hw can you be so sure nobody'd buy it in TE?? :p

Put up a market thread first. And have patience. :)

PS: Put up a decent pricing on the components. Get a rough idea abt the pricing abt the latesht maal and price yours accordingly.

Gunman said:
Lol, hw can you be so sure nobody'd buy it in TE?? :p

Put up a market thread first. And have patience. :)

PS: Put up a decent pricing on the components. Get a rough idea abt the pricing abt the latesht maal and price yours accordingly.

man...dont u think i must have tried that???????/// i already had put up threads for 7600GS and my PSU.. and my UPS as well................nobody was bothered

Put it up this time [the rig I mean].

Some of them are on the lookout for cheap download rigs. ;)

You can strike a deal. Before its too late i.e.

^^ Also price your components low on TE. You can get a fast sale then. Even if you price it low it will be better than what you will get for it at a second hand dealer.

Get -

AMD X2 4600+ 2.5k

Asus 690V/G chipset mobo approx 3k

2x1GB Transcend 800MHz DDR2 1.8k

Palit 9600GT 6.2k

Total 13.5k

U already have HDD + DVD ReWriter

Current Mobo+CPU+RAM sale may fetch 4k approx. + 10k UR budget for upgrade.

U can sell 160GB HDD also @ 1.5k~, new 500GB costs only 3k~

Maybe U can now upgrade UR SMPS too.

Total upgrade, still no compromise.

:)

SidhuPunjab said:
Get -
AMD X2 4600+ 2.5k
Asus 690V/G chipset mobo approx 3k
2x1GB Transcend 800MHz DDR2 1.8k
Palit 9600GT 6.2k
Total 13.5k

U already have HDD + DVD ReWriter

Current Mobo+CPU+RAM sale may fetch 4k approx. + 10k UR budget for upgrade.

U can sell 160GB HDD also @ 1.5k~, new 500GB costs only 3k~

Maybe U can now upgrade UR SMPS too.

Total upgrade, still no compromise.

:)
x2 4600+ is 2.4ghz not 2.5ghz...

y isn't anybody suggesting Intel based mobos....are they so bad...i have found intel to be very reliable..........i m not familiar with AMD or asus very much thats y cant comment on them.........wot abt ABIT mobos as well.......?????// but i heard its very hard to find drivers for themm..........btw wots the price for Intel 975XBX mobo any ideas?????????

^^ Intel boards do tend to be reliable. However, they are

1. Expensive

2. DO NOT support OCing.

hence, you will rarely find them getting recommended out here.

Back