Want to complaint to SBI for these reasons....

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I dont know if this is a currently any ongoing practice in Pune or what...

In my area there are 4 SBI ATMs. Since past 4 months in a row now, each time I withdraw some amount,
3 out of 5 times I'm bound to get a torn note or a note stick with regular transparent tape.:mad:

Yesterday it was a height to it. I withdraw Rs.5500/- for paying rent, I was shocked to receive a Rs.1000/- note stuck with a tape and a Rs. 500/- note torn.:rage: :sour:

Now whom m I supposed to contact?? As I googled and found that the sbi branches takes no action nor they replace these notes even if its their fault.

Whom to approach? I had enough of it & very much frustrated now as this has been a regular scenario since 4 months....:arghh:

Please help and suggest.....

Now whom m I supposed to contact?? As I googled and found that the sbi branches takes no action nor they replace these notes even if its their fault.
Banks will replace even torn notes. Just take them to the cashier and complain to the manager of the respective branch.

They outsource these ATM operations usually so they will have to speak to those people.

You should be getting notes in serial order, crisp and new.

Last edited:
Banks will replace even torn notes. Just take them to the cashier and complain to the manager of the respective branch.

They outsource these ATM operations usually so they will have to speak to those people.

You should be getting notes in serial order, crisp and new.

Now a days its very rare that we get brand new notes serially. Now we get notes randomly and not fresh ones but stale ones, & REPAIRED ones as in my scenarios. :(

Complain to the manager, at my bank its always serial, rarely there will be an issue like this. The people who they outsourced the operations to are screwing up.

I'm planning to visit that bank from whose atm I got such notes. But will they believe me?
I have only proof of transaction receipt. Also the notes are random and not in serial nos.

I dont think banks or their systems have any evidence or record that for so n so A/c no. so n so serials nos. notes were withdrawn. This would have made the picture pretty clear.

It has to be reported, machines cannot dispense notes with tape attached to them accurately. You may get more than you asked for or you may get less. What will you do then ? if they do nothing then go to the press with it. Things will improve quickly after.

Just complain to the bank itself. Catch the guard and then go to the manager. It happened to me once, and they changed it on the spot. I now use a SB of mysore atm nearby as for some reason, that atm has absolutely crisp notes :D

@nRiTeCh I faced similar problem on 15th may. Posted it on my FB page...

Hello Everyone, I am posting this to show you what I went through today. And, how the premier public sector bank SBI treats it's consumers.

When my friend went to withdraw money from SBI ATM, Madhav Apartment, Park Market, Dhanbad he was surprised with 4 torn/defective/stapled 'one thousand' currency notes. When complained to the guard at the duty, he ask my friend to call at a given number. When called the person someone named Pradip guided him to approach the Main Branch, Dhanbad and get it exchanged. I arrived at the seen barely 2 mins later and took these pics at the ATM itself.(sorry for the poor quality of the pics, the light was not sufficient) He needed money so after helping him we went to the Main branch 4 o'clock in the evening bearing this scorching heat of May. To our surprise the 'Cash Officer' boldly said this has nothing to do with SBI ATM and denied exchange. Then we went to see the Branch Manager in another building and complained he advised us to revisit Cash Officer and threat him with complain(when I asked complain who? He coolly said to "just revisit him"). He must have called the Cash Officer meanwhile because he was more than willing to entertain our problem this time. But, as a very sincere Government official kept repeating no involvement of SBI in this matter. So much for being loyal consumers of SBI.

P.S. 1 Out of 4 defective notes 2 were not so damaged and Allahabad bank accepted it. 1 had holes in it and another one was torn and then STAPLED back(as shown in the pic). THE STAPLED ONE DREW MY ATTENTION TOWARDS THE APATHY OF THE BANK TOWARDS ITS CONSUMERS BECAUSE IT WAS OFCOURSE INTENTIONAL.

P.S 2 The ATM very conveniently had a display mentioning "Out of Slip".

Attachments

• sbi.jpg
    sbi.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 350
Now a days I withdraw money from other non sbi atms. M seriously worried and afraid to visit any sbi atm at least in my area....

Back