Laptops Want to upgrade Laptop Memory (RAM)

CeDrIc

Adept
Hi folks,

I want to upgrade my laptop memory. Currently laptop is running with 2 x 2 GB sticks.

They are from ADATA and the serial # says 2RX8 PC3-8500S-777

So it is DDR3 1066 Mhz sticks. Can i replace it with 1333 Mhz sticks? Will that cause any effect to the hardware?

Mention the laptop details along with CPU specs.

If you want 1066 Mhz memory, its available at prime, 3K per 4GB stick. G Skill ones, for the Mac 2009.

Use Speccy to find the type of ram it is and the running frequency. Like DDR3 1066Mhz. Check if its normal or low voltage laptop ram. DDR3 laptop ram or DDR3L (again from Speccy).
So find the type - DDR2, DDR3 Laptop ram.
Find the type of voltage - DDR3 , DDR3L
Find the speed - 1066 MHZ

Order a similar spec ram in higher capacity from Amazon (Amazon fulfilled). If it doesnt work return it. A ram may support 1600mhz but might also work in 1066 etc if specified in the details.

Use Speccy to find the type of ram it is and the running frequency. Like DDR3 1066Mhz. Check if its normal or low voltage laptop ram. DDR3 laptop ram or DDR3L (again from Speccy).
So find the type - DDR2, DDR3 Laptop ram.
Find the type of voltage - DDR3 , DDR3L
Find the speed - 1066 MHZ

Order a similar spec ram in higher capacity from Amazon (Amazon fulfilled). If it doesnt work return it. A ram may support 1600mhz but might also work in 1066 etc if specified in the details.

AFAIK, for 1066Mhz, you don't get DDR3L sticks.

Back