Wanted: 24 Pin PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul

Skilled
as the topic name suggests i want a good 24 Pin PSU for mine new rig ..... as i have a 500w Power safe but that is 20 pin ...... i will be using convertor .... if any oe has good 24pin PSu please tell me ....

Power safe has 400W 24pin and that shud be enuf for ur rigs mentioned in ur siggy.
asky darky as he uses powersafe 400w 24 pin for his dfi rig

If you are buying an all new PSU for your new rig, then better go for a good one like Antec TP480(the new version with dual 12V rails). Or get the FSP PSU sunny is getting from Taiwan.

thanks nikhil but can't spend that much ...... and i am getting the PSU for mine new rig ..... which will be A8N SLI Premium with 3000+ and 7800GT or GTX .....

EXACTLY..... You are spending so much. Don't tell me you are farid to spend extra 2 K for Antec over Powersafe.....

This is stupidity(no offence meant but you will blasted by anyone on TE for spending 33K on a 7800GTX and skimping on a PSU)

avoid using 20 pin to 24 pin convertor. it does not make sense electrically speaking.
if ur rig is working fine continue using it as it is.
depending upon the "effort you are prepared to make", or your modding skills you may
1) mod ur existing psu wire harness. (i have done it cheaply and effortlessly on my powersafe 500W)
2) buy a new psu having atx 24 pin connector as well as dual 12V rails and other connectors as per ur requirements. (preferred)

Agree with Deejay, avoid the converter! Will cause you more problems than doing any good. Most motherboards are capable enough to make do with just 20 pins being filled. Though not optimal, you could make do with that for the time being.

The additional 4 pins are mostly to provide power to the PCI Ex bus. If your graphics card has an external power connector (i guess a 7800GT/GTX definately should), then it may not need to rely on power from these 4 pins.

But honestly - such a high end rig and not spending on a good PSU is asking for trouble :)

Yeah dude...invest a lill more in a good PSU...dat way theres less risk of somethin happenin to ur shiny 7800 or for dat matter ur rig sufferin frm stability issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back