Wanted:6600gt Agp

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker

Skilled
Well as the title says I need a 6600GT AGP.Brand not of much concern.Must have decent warranty left and of course should be in perfect condition.
Willing to part with upto 8.5k for it if the card is good enough.(which is a lot considering that new ones are for 9.8k)
People from Delhi/NCR preferably.

Hey Undertaker,
I have a BIG 6600GT AGP8X card for sale.
Purchased 1 week back and cost me 9950/- all inclusive.
If you are interested, i will give it to you for 9k inclusive of shipping.
Let me know.
BTW,the card carries 3 years warranty.

OT: @Darky: Is that card a BFG OEM? Looks like it. That cooler looks uncannily similar. What are the default clocks on it? If its cheaper than the XFX, looks like the BIG is the card to get.

Here is the BFG 6600GT OC for ref:

Looks like the same card if you ask me ! The component layout looks the same. But i was under the assumption that BIG got their stuff from XFX.

Now if they only offered the Lifetime warranty.

Aces170 posted 5.97 minutes later:

Its the same card allrite. Morons why cant they sell under the BFG brand....

I think the fab is the same but i beleive they will be using the chips which dont overclock well... Okey i know i sound confused but i beleive that BFG ofers overclocked cards... The ones that dont meet the required parameters they sell it under different brand... Could this be possible...

Above pic is from newegg BFG 6600 GT and the below is from darklord's BIG 6600 GT...

Darky you just need a sticker man... lol...

darky... Hey whydont you just flash the card's bios with a BFG one...

OT: @Darky: Is that card a BFG OEM? Looks like it.
I am not sure about this.It may be, it may not be.

BIG got their stuff from XFX.
Nope ,some of their cards are made by Pine and some are made by Global Connexions

This particular card has been made by Global Connexions.Now if BFG doesnt make their own cards and get them done by OEM then there is a possibility that both cards are made in same fab,just a speculation ;)

any idea if big 6600 vanilla is available.
Yep it is available.
BIG geforce 6600 256 MB costs 7k. [PCI Express]

darky... Hey whydont you just flash the card's bios with a BFG one...
I am selling this off,why would i tamper it ? ;)

Well once I get Darky's card I sure will overclock it.And let you guys know.
AFAIK BIOS flashing one 6600gt to another is useless,they all have the same reference BIOS from NVidia and only their mfg. IDs are changed.Only in the 6800 cards you can change voltages in the bios and improve the oc.Even on some vanilla 6600s this may be possible(if they use the same layout as the gt) but not on the gt.

Purchased Darky's card yesterday.Should arrive in a day or two now.So please close the thread mods.I will review the card in a separate thread in reviews section later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back