Warranties are a scam for most part

Anyone ever wondered why one must pay to repair a screen or a keyboard of a machine you bought just over a year ago for Rupees 75000 or more? And why must you pay extra to buy extended warranty for a product that ought to last for 4-5 years under normal use conditions? Companies happily provide a one year warranty for products that are expected to last much longer, and turn their quality defects into either opportunities extract more revenue from the powerless buyers through extended warranties, or worse, pass on the cost of reparing defects to the unsuspecting customer. When a product costs a few thousand rupees that's ok. But for super expensive products - to walk away with minimal warranties well below their expected times between failures is near-intentional fraud. EU protects it's citizens with a mandated two year warranty against manufacturing defects for two years. The US has a very consumer friendly environment, generally speaking. Which leaves us indians screwed - with a poor legal environment, poor service, and high cost of service. Companies get away with this because only 10-15% of consumers get hit with this and do not therefore have a voice. But just spend a few hours at an apple repair store and you'll see what I mean. Expensive devices ought to have warranties that ought to be at least as long as a device is expected to last before failure. It's our right to demand that. I invite thoughts and possible ideas for action.

EU really protects the consumers really well , i am so enraged and jealous at the same time an lg oled in Uk will have 2 year warranty from lg and additional 3 from the seller so makes it 5 years of no nonsense ,ful ragdaao your OLED , and here its just 1 year ... :|

EU really protects the consumers really well , i am so enraged and jealous at the same time an lg oled in Uk will have 2 year warranty from lg and additional 3 from the seller so makes it 5 years of no nonsense ,ful ragdaao your OLED , and here its just 1 year ... :|
Compare the cost of equivalent device in UK with India. I find the UK prices on the higher side. Not always but that would be due to market forces ie. more competition. So that 2 year warranty isn't for free.

All in favour for consumer friendly laws just realise they come with hidden costs that get passed on to the consumer.

As for the opening post i have said before i consider extended warranties unnecessary and are frequently offered when not needed.

Always verify who will be providing the service before entering into them. If its outsourced to a third party then understand that warranty work pays less and your priority will be correspondingly lower. Either that or the person assigned is some one with little experience.

Back