PC Peripherals Warranty.... Queries

Nikhil

Skilled
Mar 29, 2005
www.techenclave.com
Well, I dont have the box of my CPU. It is lost. Cannot be found. Was a dumass to throw it away with the cabby box and packing and monitor packing and box and all that.

Anyway, I spoke to the dealer who sold me the comp and he says this
I can give you the duplicate bill to you for your reference. I hope this will help you. But If you want to take any warranty claim from AMD / Intel, they will insist for the box I guess. However I will do my best to get all possible details for you.

Is it true?? Will having the duplicate copy of the bill help to get warranty??

PS: Nothing has happened to my CPU as yet. Just want to be sure. That is all :p

Freaky

ex-Mod
Jun 19, 2005
The bill that u received should have the S/N of the unit. That should be good enuf. No need for the box.

@Sandy, I don't think AMD would be too worried abt the date on the box. Its the Date of Purchase that counts for the warranty. This date along with the S/N of the CPU should be given in the bill ( Mine does ).

Last edited by a moderator:

apollyon

ex-Mod
Feb 27, 2005
box is not needed, have rmaed intel cpus before, same goes for amd, just the stock hs n cpu is needed

Shripad

ex-Mod
Mar 17, 2005
Class M Planet
The stock fan and CPU is all you need. And the stock fan that came with CPU is needed. the heatsink has the code. they need that code, they veify that code with their shipment before granting rma. So even if its broken heatsink you will need to return the original heatsink for warranty issue.
i have gone through AMD RMA and thats the procedure.

Darth_Infernus

Disciple
Jan 5, 2006
If the fan's blade has come off, they may not grant you the warranty as they may think you have tampered with the fan which you are not meant to.

Shripad

ex-Mod
Mar 17, 2005
Class M Planet
ya, shouldnt be too much of a problem. the broken fin cannot cause damage to the CPU so they should not have any problem accepting the RAM. And i dont think they will charge you anything for that..

I got brand new box packed CPU as replacement to mine. They dont give the same fan back. they just dispose it AFAIK because that serial no on heatsink is related to your product. So they cant just reuse it or send it back to you. They send the fresh piece and i am sure they wont even care about the broken fin. Its really no big deal.....

Freaky

ex-Mod
Jun 19, 2005
funkymonkey said:
so they should not have any problem accepting the RAM.

Where did the RAM come into the pic all of a sudden ? :bleh:

U all right, Funky ? Hope that the virus hasn't tampered with that brilliant brain of urs :tongue: