watching euro 2020 on sony liv (streaming) on pc, how much data per match, approx ?

PoBoy

Skilled
If I watch Euro 2020 using data via JioFi, how much data would be needed per 90 minute match ?

Rs 299 for one month of the euro seems reasonable to me. That's for SonyLiv premium.

Not sure if this is possible but you could probably livestream the match using JioTV. Sony Ten 1 and Ten 3 seem to show Euro 2020 in their schedule. You can normally access it for free on JioTV but not sure if they will block the channel during the live tourney like they do with IPL.

Can't help you with the data usage tho.

If I watch Euro 2020 using data via JioFi, how much data would be needed per 90 minute match ?

Rs 299 for one month of the euro seems reasonable to me. That's for SonyLiv premium.
The Sony channels on JioTV have much less quality, so you could save data and money using that if the quality is good enough for the screen you are watching it on. Just checked, full HD on Jio is 1.2 Mbps or 810 MB over 90 minutes, though the quality is rubbish for 1080p.

The current Sony Liv stream for the Eng v NZ match is at 4.57 Mbps at max quality, so over 3 GB for the duration of the match.

Looks like he has, props to the medical team.

Attachments

• IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 101
Feels bad. They probably should have cancelled the match, called it a draw. The Danish players looked like they wanted to get out of there ASAP. Hats off to them for covering their team mate.

i wanted to know if Sony Liv is available in firestick officially?
I can see the ads to get the app, but when clicking it said unavailable in firetv app store for me.

Also, what would be the best platform for quality streaming on FIFA later this year ?
i mean native 1080/4k stream and not sony six 1080i quality.

@t3chg33k

I can see the ads to get the app, but when clicking it said unavailable in firetv app store for me.

Also, what would be the best platform for quality streaming on FIFA later this year ?

@t3chg33k

Sony liv is definitely available on firestick officially. In fact my onida fire edition tv even has dedicated button for sonyliv.

Anyone else having issues with chromecast streaming of sony liv for euros.
audio and video not in sync. Have to restart app and resync as the lag happens.

Never seen this issue before with any app, sony liv included

Sony liv sucks. It drops, hitches and kicks you out from every device you use it from. I got issues streaming using mi box, fire stick, laptop and apple tv. Every knockout match failed to start without buffering for minutes together. Pathetic.

Sony liv is definitely available on firestick officially. In fact my onida fire edition tv even has dedicated button for sonyliv.
yes, that suppose to be the case.
dont know why its unavailable for me... see ss below
snyliv.jpg

Sony liv sucks
so for FIFA should i look for hotstar ? ( also disney+ hotstar app in India are same or diffrent?)
i haven't even bothered to get my tatasky activated after last fifa :D, dont know if the STB will still work.

yes, that suppose to be the case.
dont know why its unavailable for me... see ss below
View attachment 109117

so for FIFA should i look for hotstar ? ( also disney+ hotstar app in India are same or diffrent?)
i haven't even bothered to get my tatasky activated after last fifa :D, dont know if the STB will still work.
Disney+Hotstar is a single app. But for the World Cup, I’m not sure they would telecast it. Correct me if I’m wrong but it will telecast on the Sony Network.

@t3chg33k
A bit late in the day but I had the same issue. It is related to the address. For whatever reason, the address in the account settings is maintained separately from the address used for physical delivery. You have to go to your account and select the address again from the list, making sure that the country and pincode are populated.

The address in the account settings is used for all digital downloads, so if it is not completely populated a lot of regional apps are marked as unavailable.
Sony liv sucks. It drops, hitches and kicks you out from every device you use it from. I got issues streaming using mi box, fire stick, laptop and apple tv. Every knockout match failed to start without buffering for minutes together. Pathetic.
It is rubbish on the phone where it took a minute or two for the stream to start but worked without issues for me throughout Euro on the Fire stick.

Best will be to subscribe Ten HD for 1-2 months on tatasky. Sony's app is unreliable and sometimes frustrating.
Disney plus hotstar only has rights to premier league, World cup is still with sony unfortunately.
It is rubbish on the phone where it took a minute or two for the stream to start but worked without issues for me throughout Euro on the Fire stick.
Lucky you. On firestick, I had audio delay issues even in the final. I had to restart the app to get it fixed.

It is related to the address.
seems like it.
My default amazon is .de, in/com/de was was merged recently by amazon into same account.
anyways, i guess am not fiddling or changing the default location to India, might lose access to my digital content and get all brain-wacking recommendation :)

as of yet, liv not required. but i know which setting to change if i need it.
Best will be to subscribe Ten HD for 1-2 months on tatasky. Sony's app is unreliable and sometimes frustrating.
yes, looks like that would be the best option. it will be aired in Sony Six and Ten 1 simultaneously.

Last edited:
Disney plus hotstar only has rights to premier league, World cup is still with sony unfortunately.

Lucky you. On firestick, I had audio delay issues even in the final. I had to restart the app to get it fixed.
The audio lag was certainly present. Didn't check it on other devices, so thought it was a general issue with the stream but if it was limited to the Fire Stick then it is very poor implementation indeed. I had picked up a 12-month subscription using Flipkart Supercoins, so can't complain much about it, though I would also have not paid directly for it.

I had also taken the Liv subscription in its initial days when it cost something like 300 a year and it was superbly rubbish back then. I had even complained to them on their use of a HTTP login page that can be easily hacked but they didn't even bother to respond or change that for over a year. There has been a bit of improvement but clearly it is nowhere near the other services in terms of professionalism.

Back