Water Purifier replacement parts online

jammy420

Adept
Question especially for those who use custom water purifiers and local ones,

I use local branded RO and usually take spares from service guys. Recently I started looking for spares online. But I am confused about the options. I need suggestions for the entire set (pre-filter, sediment filter, carbon filter, RO membrane, UV )... both as a set and also individually. I need spares that last long.

Question especially for those who use custom water purifiers and local ones,

I use local branded RO and usually take spares from service guys. Recently I started looking for spares online. But I am confused about the options. I need suggestions for the entire set (pre-filter, sediment filter, carbon filter, RO membrane, UV )... both as a set and also individually. I need spares that last long.
You can buy from amazon. The membrane filter, uf cartridges and stuff you can buy from any decent brand
RO is suggested to go with reputable brands. Not all modules will fit in the custom RO chassis. Ideally Kent parts will fit

Is there anywhere we can get Faber ro filter replacements from? The company seems to be using non standard filter and they are charging a lot during replacement. Their amc cost is 5800 rupees a year and i see their ro filters unit sell for around that much. It's nuts. It's like buying a new ro unit every year and scrapping the old one.

Image2853661983192982872.jpg
Image9121088738589833824.jpg

The sediment filter width is 7cm (2.75inch) and height is 25.8cm (10 2/16 inch). This is the only non standard part i think. Even the filter inlet is double than 1/4 (3/8th?) but outlet is 1/4. And it's a 50 micron filter.

The above two seem like cheap filters and cost 599 each. The sediment filter costs 299. The ro filter around 2300 i think. And these filters only last 6 months and the ro filter lasts 1 year instead of 2 years like the generic ones.

Searched Amazon and just a few sellers selling the 7cm filter but height of filter is smaller.
I have the 2.5 inch filter and it's like half of the filter housing and it doesn't sit properly since its about 3-4mm smaller in height.

Should i just replace the non standard filter housing with one of the generic ones? It will be easier to maintain and cheaper. An entire RO replacement kit comes for around 2-3k for good quality ones on Amazon now.

Is there anywhere we can get Faber ro filter replacements from? The company seems to be using non standard filter and they are charging a lot during replacement. Their amc cost is 5800 rupees a year and i see their ro filters unit sell for around that much. It's nuts. It's like buying a new ro unit every year and scrapping the old one.

View attachment 173127
View attachment 173128

The sediment filter width is 7cm (2.75inch) and height is 25.8cm (10 2/16 inch). This is the only non standard part i think. Even the filter inlet is double than 1/4 (3/8th?) but outlet is 1/4. And it's a 50 micron filter.

The above two seem like cheap filters and cost 599 each. The sediment filter costs 299. The ro filter around 2300 i think. And these filters only last 6 months and the ro filter lasts 1 year instead of 2 years like the generic ones.

Searched Amazon and just a few sellers selling the 7cm filter but height of filter is smaller.
I have the 2.5 inch filter and it's like half of the filter housing and it doesn't sit properly since its about 3-4mm smaller in height.

Should i just replace the non standard filter housing with one of the generic ones? It will be easier to maintain and cheaper. An entire RO replacement kit comes for around 2-3k for good quality ones on Amazon now.

These guys have the kit. Contact them before ordering. I've used them once and the experience was good. They also sell under the brand name Aquadyne which is available on Amazon.

They also have nice detailed walkthroughs of how to replace the filters on their Youtube channel.

This is the reason I have recommended it here or elsewhere in another thread never go for this branded water RO. All the generic ones fairly do a great job. And you can buy replacement filters anywhere offline / online. They design in such a way the generic ones won't fit in and you have to buy the high priced filters from their own brands

Last edited:
This is the reason I have recommended it here or elsewhere in another thread never go for this branded water RO. All the generic ones fairly do a great job. And you can buy replacement filters anywhere offline / online
Could you give an example of what the generic ones are on Amazon? Parents need a new one soon, and easy replacement parts would be really useful.

Could you give an example of what the generic ones are on Amazon? Parents need a new one soon, and easy replacement parts would be really useful.
Proven, Konvio, Aqua Ultra and many many companies with starts with "aqua XXX" . recently I bought Proven. Konvio also great. You can can check with reviews in flipkart and amazon

Among branded ones, I think PureIT may use spares that can be replaced with generic spares. I guess so. Confirm with any local RO guys.

Best thing is all these RO water purifiers comes with return policy. So if you dont like the quality, you can return them

Last edited:

These guys have the kit. Contact them before ordering. I've used them once and the experience was good. They also sell under the brand name Aquadyne which is available on Amazon.

They also have nice detailed walkthroughs of how to replace the filters on their Youtube channel.
I found that site through Google and the quality looks really cheap. I'm sure those filters are just generic ones being sold for double price and they won't fit. The faber sediment filter is 7cm thick and these guys are selling 4cm filter. Doubt that they tested it before claiming that the filter works. I have a bunch of the 4cm filters and enough spare parts to build a new water purifier and i can vouch those 4cm filters don't fit. I actually tried to force fit one of those but the difference in height made the filter wobble inside the housing. The 10 inch filters are about half a cm smaller in height.

Edit: found these.
Water Purifier Thik Outer Filter Candle/Spun Cartridge (10 inch/2.76inch) - White (Pack of 6) https://amzn.eu/d/bI6gwwg

There was another blue coloured filter whose seller claimed it was anti bacterial or anti fungal i think.

Last edited:
I found that site through Google and the quality looks really cheap. I'm sure those filters are just generic ones being sold for double price and they won't fit. The faber sediment filter is 7cm thick and these guys are selling 4cm filter. Doubt that they tested it before claiming that the filter works. I have a bunch of the 4cm filters and enough spare parts to build a new water purifier and i can vouch those 4cm filters don't fit. I actually tried to force fit one of those but the difference in height made the filter wobble inside the housing. The 10 inch filters are about half a cm smaller in height.

Edit: found these.
Water Purifier Thik Outer Filter Candle/Spun Cartridge (10 inch/2.76inch) - White (Pack of 6) https://amzn.eu/d/bI6gwwg

There was another blue coloured filter whose seller claimed it was anti bacterial or anti fungal i think.
Bigger sized cartridges don't necessarily mean better quality filtration. The quality of the filtration media matters more. They've shown the stuff inside the cartridges in a few of their videos and also tell you what to look for while buying replacement cartridges.

There is a Delhi based Company called Filterkart. They have their own website and they manufacture and sell compatible replacement cartridge for most of the popular branded Water purifiers. The quality of their filters are good and they provide video tutorials to replace your filters.

For water purifiers with standard sized filters you can purchase Colandas ( from Wellon) or Heathy make cartridges available on Amazon.
For RO / NF/UF membranes that fit in standard sized housing , Aqua Dove (xpert water tech) and KNL are good and reasonably priced.

Proven, Konvio, Aqua Ultra and many many companies with starts with "aqua XXX" . recently I bought Proven. Konvio also great. You can can check with reviews in flipkart and amazon

Among branded ones, I think PureIT may use spares that can be replaced with generic spares. I guess so. Confirm with any local RO guys.

Best thing is all these RO water purifiers comes with return policy. So if you dont like the quality, you can return them
Thanks very much! Have you tested their purification levels?

For water purifiers with standard sized filters you can purchase Colandas ( from Wellon) or Heathy make cartridges available on Amazon.
For RO / NF/UF membranes that fit in standard sized housing , Aqua Dove (xpert water tech) and KNL are good and reasonably priced.
I know you replied to another person but i had bad experience with both wellon and aquadove filters. Aquadove is a Gujarat company and they don't test their products. I have their ultrafilter system lying unused in a box now. When i bought the whole system, there was no leaks since everything fit perfectly. I installed it myself. Then i bought replacement filters and the size and quality was different. The carbon block smelt of some chemical and while flushing the water i saw green colour water. No matter how much i flushed it it still stank of some chemical smell. It killed the old uf and post carbon filters in just two months.

After this i bought wellon carbon block and even that wasn't good at removing smell from water and it was about a mm smaller in height. So i had to use a plastic pipe to fit it in the housing. Without the plastic pipe, the housing would leak water. All these Indian companies just randomly buy anything from China Alibaba and sell here for marked up prices. I doubt they do any testing or qa on the items shipped to them.

I know you replied to another person but i had bad experience with both wellon and aquadove filters. Aquadove is a Gujarat company and they don't test their products. I have their ultrafilter system lying unused in a box now. When i bought the whole system, there was no leaks since everything fit perfectly. I installed it myself. Then i bought replacement filters and the size and quality was different. The carbon block smelt of some chemical and while flushing the water i saw green colour water. No matter how much i flushed it it still stank of some chemical smell. It killed the old uf and post carbon filters in just two months.

After this i bought wellon carbon block and even that wasn't good at removing smell from water and it was about a mm smaller in height. So i had to use a plastic pipe to fit it in the housing. Without the plastic pipe, the housing would leak water. All these Indian companies just randomly buy anything from China Alibaba and sell here for marked up prices. I doubt they do any testing or qa on the items shipped to them.
Aquadove UF Membrane fits inside the housing meant for RO membrane, if your housing was leaking it is a problem probably with housing. I'm using their membrane since 6 years, replacing them every two years.

Wellon Carbon Block I've not used, I've used Colandas that comes in sealed housing and it was good. Wellon makes 10's of variety of filter cartridges and quality may be different.

If you want to be sure then buy openable type sediment and carbon filters from cm purifiers. After every siz months you can just replace the inner sediment filter and Carbon granules.

Aquadove UF Membrane fits inside the housing meant for RO membrane, if your housing was leaking it is a problem probably with housing.
Eh? I was talking about the sediment and carbon filters housing. Where did i mention uf filter housing?
If you want to be sure then buy openable type sediment and carbon filters from cm purifiers.
A link would help me a lot.

Ships from seller, not Amazon fulfillment. The seller is selling another HUL purifier at the same price if you look at his store front.

Back