Monitors Waves in Benq G222HDAL monitor

Hi guys,
My Benq 22-inch G222HDAL monitor is ~5 months old and from the past 1 week I see mild waves in the display when there is a dark colour plain back ground. I see them even when the Windows login screen shows up.
I just wanted to make sure there is'nt nothing wrong with the monitor or is this some sign of it going to die.
I bought it for ~7500 from Snap Deal. I did'nt notice any of these waves before 2 months.
What do i do?

Thanks.

@GODMODE09 try to capture it with a screenshot and post images here.

Can be flickering from refresh rate issues AND also try to change the input to the screen, use the DVI connector instead of VGA OR vice-versa.

Let us know if this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
@GODMODE09 try to capture it with a screenshot and post images here.

Can be flickering from refresh rate issues AND also try to change the input to the screen, use the DVI connector instead of VGA OR vice-versa.

Let us know if this helps.

waves.jpg

The waves are moving up and down randomly. I have connected it to my 6 yr old Vostro 1500 laptop. Just had a videocard/mother board problem fixed. And I don't have any other wire that came with the monitor.

When u click on this picture, if the screen becomes blackish before loading the image, I can see the waves better when ihe blackish screen shows.
They move up and down very fast. I remember the similiar effect when I once tried to capture a video from youtube from a monitor in my mobile. That time I could'nt see the waves in the monitor but they were visible in my cell phone (vga camera). Not from this monitor but a monitor in a net centre.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 15470

The waves are moving up and down randomly. I have connected it to my 6 yr old Vostro 1500 laptop. Just had a videocard/mother board problem fixed. And I don't have any other wire that came with the monitor.

When u click on this picture, if the screen becomes blackish before loading the image, I can see the waves better when ihe blackish screen shows.
They move up and down very fast. I remember the similiar effect when I once tried to capture a video from youtube from a monitor in my mobile. That time I could'nt see the waves in the monitor but they were visible in my cell phone (vga camera). Not from this monitor but a monitor in a net centre.

That is the monitor refreshing, what is the standard refresh rate of the monitor?

Find that out (should be on product box) and sync it in the graphics drivers / viewer settings in Windows.

That should eliminate the 'lines' that are visible. Cheerio!

That is the monitor refreshing, what is the standard refresh rate of the monitor?

Find that out (should be on product box) and sync it in the graphics drivers / viewer settings in Windows.

That should eliminate the 'lines' that are visible. Cheerio!

I think it's 60Hz.. How do I change it in the graphics driver settings? Can't fins anything related in the Nvidia control panel / personalization in Vista.

Just noticed that , the waves appear, when my laptop is charging and I don't see them when it runs on battery.

Also I noticed the same problem with my brother's monitor which is a different PC. HE says it's because of the UPS.
I have a 1KV APC UPS which is about 4ft away from the monitor. His UPS is 2ft away.

What do I do? How do I make the waves go away? Is there anything to worry?

Thanks

Back