Storage Solutions WD My Cloud 3TB Personal Cloud Storage - NAS #WDBCTL0030HWT-NESN

hmmm i might need the raw image of the file system, you will have to ssh into it and extract . Will come back with "how to do it "

I think someone in the wd forum posted already the raw image for both 2tb and 3tb... This is in response to recovery of bricked unit

Thats for MY BOOK LIVE. i used that and am sucessfully running a jugaad my book live NAS .
Since i already had a 3TB red drive . i looked and i found an pcb for wd my cloud on ebay and bought it, hoping i could build a NAS with newer hardware. But it seems wd community admins have removed that guide for wd my cloud

ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1395419064.076889.jpg

ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1395419096.232511.jpg

This is my "open nas" setup
One is pcb of my book live on Wd green drive; and 2nd is my cloud on red drive

Attachments

• 1395636991323.jpg
    1395636991323.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 397
Yes 2 NAS , one based on MY BOOK LIVE - and one based using WD MY CLOUD

price - yeh aandar ki baat hai :)

:) Was just curious since 3TB Red is around 9.5K; searched the internet and found some PCBs around >=75$. Added together that comes to the same price that you would get a new 3TB MyCloud(13-13.5K). But then you get a Green drive inside the MyCloud; and you also mentioned that you had the 3TB already with you.

My book has green drives, and my cloud come with red drive, and you can safely assume I got PCB with hdd and much lower prices. :)
. Btw, I will be selling the my book live PCB soon . -' as I have another PCB with case lying around.

Back