Weird connectivity issue on Airtel broadband - Need help

MarioBros

Disciple
Hey All,

I am stuck with a weird issue on my Airtel Broadband connection… completely frustrating experience, so here is the issue.

From last one month or so I am facing issues with couple of apps like WhatsApp and Instagram.

- On WhatsApp, viewing images and viewing status stops working/downloading randomly, as soon as I switch to mobile network the same images and status downloads fine.
- On Instagram, Reels/videos stop playing with a buffering rotating circle, happens randomly and not for all the videos, same issue not present on mobile network.

Both the above issues happening on all mobile phones on home wireless network (all phones are iOS), WhatsApp on these same phones work fine on mobile network or outside Wifi network, also WhatsApp images and status work perfectly fine on Windows app or WhatsApp web.

My Network setup

Huawei ONT >> Asus Router on Bridged mode >> Asus 2nd Router on AP mode

Troubleshooting I have done so far.

- Reset Asus routers and did a fresh install (issue remains same)
- New Fiber wiring done from Airtel box on terrace to ONT (issue remains same)
- Disconnected both Asus routers and enabled Wlan on Huawei ONT & tested WhatsApp and Insta (issue remains same).
- Uninstalled and reinstalled WhatsApp and Insta on multiple phones (issue remains same)
- Tried changing DNS to Google & Cloudflare (issue remains same)

This has been a very frustrating experience and completely stuck with the issue, pls suggest how do I troubleshoot this further?

I will share videos soon, which shows the exact issue

Last edited:
oh yes I completely missed to update, I have changed the DNS to Google and also to Cloudflare but the issue remain the same

also one aspect I remember is I had setup a AdGuard server and was using the AdGuard DNS across my network (which I had added in my Asus router)

After couple of months removed the Adguard server moved back to Google DNS

I guess this issue started after this but I’m not completely sure

Hey All,

I am stuck with a weird issue on my Airtel Broadband connection… completely frustrating experience, so here is the issue.

From last one month or so I am facing issues with couple of apps like WhatsApp and Instagram.

- On WhatsApp, viewing images and viewing status stops working/downloading randomly, as soon as I switch to mobile network the same images and status downloads fine.
- On Instagram, Reels/videos stop playing with a buffering rotating circle, happens randomly and not for all the videos, same issue not present on mobile network.

Both the above issues happening on all mobile phones on home wireless network (all phones are iOS), WhatsApp on these same phones work fine on mobile network or outside Wifi network, also WhatsApp images and status work perfectly fine on Windows app or WhatsApp web.

My Network setup

Huawei ONT >> Asus Router on Bridged mode >> Asus 2nd Router on AP mode

Troubleshooting I have done so far.

- Reset Asus routers and did a fresh install (issue remains same)
- New Fiber wiring done from Airtel box on terrace to ONT (issue remains same)
- Disconnected both Asus routers and enabled Wlan on Huawei ONT & tested WhatsApp and Insta (issue remains same).
- Uninstalled and reinstalled WhatsApp and Insta on multiple phones (issue remains same)
- Tried changing DNS to Google & Cloudflare (issue remains same)

This has been a very frustrating experience and completely stuck with the issue, pls suggest how do I troubleshoot this further?

I will share videos soon, which shows the exact issue
I have the same issues, but only over WiFi. WhatsApp messages/media and internet-based alerts take forever, I am using the stock Airtel router.

LAN, however, works absolutely fine, with zero issues.

oh yes I completely missed to update, I have changed the DNS to Google and also to Cloudflare but the issue remain the same

also one aspect I remember is I had setup a AdGuard server and was using the AdGuard DNS across my network (which I had added in my Asus router)

After couple of months removed the Adguard server moved back to Google DNS

I guess this issue started after this but I’m not completely sure
Try getting the ONT changed from Airtel

Faced similar on Tata fiber as well on multiple occasions. Even a basic GM WA msg used to take ages yet never gets to load while on mobile data a 40mb file used to DL like1 gbps bb connection.
Was never ever able to pin point the issue nor the cc and nor the dns worked.
I used to resort to mobile data for WA and FB and rest all Wifi. Weird but had to keep fiddling.
Its stable since 2-3 months now.

Back