Weird facebook/browser problem

hot zubs

Disciple
hello friends i have got a very weird facebook problem on my machine, whenever I chat on facebook I get this popup saying
“The QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.8 plug-in failed.
A restart of Opera is recommendedâ€

And the browser restarts showing the error description as:
“A problem has occurred, forcing Opera to close. To help us avoid similar problems in the future, please send an error report belowâ€
See Opera: Privacy Statement for Opera Software's privacy policy.

It’s the same problem with all the browsers like opera 10.63, Firefox 3.6.12, IE 9…

And I’m using Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit OS

I have even tried reinstalling the browsers, QuickTime, flash player but the problem still exists…

even tried running the browsers in the compatibility mode of windows Xp SP3 but still :-(

So guys please get me out of this problem…

i too had the same problem.even i couldn't figure it out!! so i started using firefox.it's fine there!.i guess its some bug in opera.

Just uninstall QUICK TIME. or

Try running browsers in safe mode or w/o any add-ons. Start > In the search bar type > "Add" > choose " Internet explorer (No add-ons)"

aswinna said:
i too had the same problem.even i couldn't figure it out!! so i started using firefox.it's fine there!.i guess its some bug in opera.
Its the same problem with Firefox also...

techcraze said:
In Firefox, you can disable the quicktime plugin at Tools>Add Ons> Plugins.
already tried it but it doesn't help..

hash said:
Just uninstall QUICK TIME. or
Try running browsers in safe mode or w/o any add-ons. Start > In the search bar type > "Add" > choose " Internet explorer (No add-ons)"
if i uninstall QT i cant play any video it asks me update the flash, were the latest version of flash has already been installed :S

Did you try running browsers in safe mode or w/o any add-ons. Start > In the search bar type > "Add" > choose " Internet explorer (No add-ons)" ?? Try IE just once.

Do u have a codec pack like say klite or vlc? Uninstall that and perform a registry cleanup with ccleaner or sumthing and reinstall the software. then see if it helps.

Back