Laptops Weird problem with touchpad

honest1

Skilled
I am facing a strage issue with my Lenovo laptop. When the laptop is on charging, the touchpad works wierdly sometimes and skips recognising the touch completely or partially. This doesnt happen always but intermittently it happens.
I have checked with 2-3 charges additionally and the problem persists.
Any solution, reasons of it?

This used to be a thing for old laptops and mobiles. I don't think there's any solution to this. You may try using a different charger. If your battery is old then try changing that.

I haven't seen lenovo charging port but I don't think it supports earthing either way.

From my experience a blowjob usually does the trick. It could be some connectors or ferrous material deposits on the touchpad circuits that could be causing it. Something like this happened with a few of my old laptops and a good alcohol wipe / blowing took care of the issue.
I feel like I must try this trick for scientific research. But I don't even have a laptop at the moment. Can someone lend me one?

And what if the laptop doesnt have a male connector?
Well, in this age, it is pretty sexist of you to think that only the male connectors get blown. Female sockets do too! *snooty look*

I feel like I must try this trick for scientific research. But I don't even have a laptop at the moment. Can someone lend me one?
This isn't science. It is commonsex. A blowjob must always be followed by a good wiping down. Commonsex 101. *hmpfh*

Lack of commonsex really gets to me. All. The. Time.

Now, if we are done with all of our fantasies, can we come back to the original issue :D:p

1. There is hardly any space to clean the border of the trackpad, are you asking me to open it and do it ?
2. The laptop is not that old, may be 7-8 months old, so I am not sure if carbon related issue can come so early!

I've had this issue before, it was due to a loose connection, or so the service centre said
I had taken my laptop in for a hard drive replacement so they had opened it up then, and since then I had a similar touchpad issue
When I took it back to them they said something must've moved with the connector pin so they put it back in and it's been fine since
If it's under warranty, just take it to the service centre

I've had this issue before, it was due to a loose connection, or so the service centre said
I had taken my laptop in for a hard drive replacement so they had opened it up then, and since then I had a similar touchpad issue
When I took it back to them they said something must've moved with the connector pin so they put it back in and it's been fine since
If it's under warranty, just take it to the service centre
Perfect.
Yes, its under warranty, let me take it up with them.

(Motherboard on the laptop was replaced recenty and may be they didnt put the connectors properly for touchpad !)

Back