Welcome Amazon India!

Yep, just books and movies for now. Mobiles and Cameras are slated to launch soon, perhaps they'll also launch other electronic items along with them.

Let's hope they come in and crush the stupid little e-commerce pests that have grown in the Indian market. The competition should drive some sense into their pricing and shipping practices.

Prices won't be less. The items will be procured from indian distribution chain. And taxes and duties will be paid.
Initially, but if you go by how Amazon works, they'll have their own distribution chain with warehouses in all major cities within a few years.

^But the items will be procured from Samsung India/LG India/XXX India or no warranty,hence not expecting low prices.

Also just cheacked out book prices.Not at all competitive. HS18/Indiatimes/Flipkart offering better prices.

^But the items will be procured from Samsung India/LG India/XXX India or no warranty,hence not expecting low prices.

Also just cheacked out book prices.Not at all competitive. HS18/Indiatimes/Flipkart offering better prices.
They have the "Amazon Fulfilled" section. If you shop from that, they'll provide the warranty themselves.

Haven't checked the book prices one to one, but let's give them a few days to settle down.

Damn, this is bloody awesome. Amazon in India (not junglee stuff). I hope i can use my 140$ gift card balance somehow on the Indian website.

Edit: Does not show my gift card balance at all on amazon.in so cannot use. No problems though.

It goes without saying that if Amazon India is able to provide the same level of service as their US counterpart, i would be buying from them.

Haven't bought anything from Amazon US till now...but looking forward to amazon.in...

Hope the prices are competitive...

They have the "Amazon Fulfilled" section. If you shop from that, they'll provide the warranty themselves.

Haven't checked the book prices one to one, but let's give them a few days to settle down.

Amazon fullfilled means ships and sold by amazon.Even in the US , warranty is provided by manufacturer , not Comapny. I am hoping for low prices,but in India it aint possible.

Amazon fullfilled means ships and sold by amazon.Even in the US , warranty is provided by manufacturer , not Comapny. I am hoping for low prices,but in India it aint possible.

Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that:
  1. Orders are eligible for FREE Delivery and can be placed using Cash on Delivery
  2. Products are stored, packed and dispatched by Amazon
  3. Order delivery tracking to your doorstep
  4. Products can be returned easily by visiting our Returns Support Centre
  5. Amazon handles all customer service

From here. Is customer service different from warranty in case of Amazon? I'm not sure, but I thought that they'll take care of it.

This is good. I do not mind paying extra, as long as they manage the shipping and idiotic custom red-tape. Watches...! Ya...!

Back