Welcome PlayStation 5 Pro, the most visually impressive way to play games on PlayStation

nullpc

Disciple

We developed PS5 Pro with deeply engaged players and game creators in mind – as many have asked for a console that runs even higher fidelity graphics with smoother frame rates at 60FPS. We achieved this on PS5 Pro with several key performance features.*

• Upgraded GPU: With PS5 Pro, we are upgrading to a GPU that has 67% more Compute Units than the current PS5 console and 28% faster memory. Overall, this enables up to 45% faster rendering for gameplay, making the experience much smoother.
  • Advanced Ray Tracing: We’ve added even more powerful ray tracing that provides more dynamic reflection and refraction of light. This allows the rays to be cast at double, and at times triple, the speeds of the current PS5 console.
  • AI-Driven Upscaling: We’re also introducing PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution, an AI-driven upscaling that uses a machine learning-based technology to provide super sharp image clarity by adding an extraordinary amount of detail.

meh, PS5 and consoles in general are gimped by CPUs, not GPUs, GPU may be more powerful but I doubt there will be much of a difference compared to base PS5, this was true for the PS4 generation (where pro could barely run the game at 30fps) and will be true for this one, and same with RT, RT requires a lot of CPU compute, and if you have a weak CPU, shit's gonna bottleneck like crazy.

Digital Foundry did a pretty good video on this topic, maybe they'll update it with the launch now

meh, PS5 and consoles in general are gimped by CPUs, not GPUs, GPU may be more powerful but I doubt there will be much of a difference compared to base PS5, this was true for the PS4 generation (where pro could barely run the game at 30fps) and will be true for this one, and same with RT, RT requires a lot of CPU compute, and if you have a weak CPU, shit's gonna bottleneck like crazy.

Digital Foundry did a pretty good video on this topic, maybe they'll update it with the launch now
The PS4/XBONE used Jaguar cores, which sucked ballsacks, even for its time. The PS4 Pro only used a slightly higher-clocked version of it.

This is how horrible those cores were/are:

The PS4/XBONE used Jaguar cores, which sucked ballsacks, even for its time. The PS4 Pro only used a slightly higher-clocked version of it.

This is how horrible those cores were/are:

lol yeah, they were outdated even back in 2013 when they were released but Sony didnt learn their lesson again, PS5 series has the same issue, the CPU cant keep up with the GPU, my guess is with the Pro, devs would still target 30fps while increasing res a little, so for games running 720p, they might up the res to 900p but thats about it.

Only reason the aging in consoles is not apparent is because most peeps use with a TV 7-8 feet away and hence dont feel much difference.

Here's a Digital Foundry short discussing the same

P.S. do keep in mind, the video is old and was released when PS5 pro was first revealed

It's much easier for devs to scale a game up to use more GPU teraflops and memory. As simple as dialing up a few knobs that are already in place if you have a PC release for your game. You just run it at a higher resolution, use higher res textures, more LOD polygons, more ray-tracing effects etc. You can do most of that that without affecting the performance of the base model PS5 in the same games. But if you just upgrade the CPU, I don't think you can scale up game-logic, physics and character AI nearly that well between platforms. Devs would have to make the choice between targetting the Pro and having the game run like a stuttery mess on the base model, or targetting the base model and only somewhat take advantage of the Pro's extra horsepower, which would be a waste when you're paying an extra $300 for the Pro.

That and marketing more pixels + better image quality will always win over more console consumers than extra frames. If they cared about frame rates and frame-to-frame consistency that much, they'd be on PC.

It's much easier for devs to scale a game up to use more GPU teraflops and memory. As simple as dialing up a few knobs that are already in place if you have a PC release for your game. You just run it at a higher resolution, use higher res textures, more LOD polygons, more ray-tracing effects etc. You can do most of that that without affecting the performance of the base model PS5 in the same games. But if you just upgrade the CPU, I don't think you can scale up game-logic, physics and character AI nearly that well between platforms. Devs would have to make the choice between targetting the Pro and having the game run like a stuttery mess on the base model, or targetting the base model and only somewhat take advantage of the Pro's extra horsepower, which would be a waste when you're paying an extra $300 for the Pro.

That and marketing more pixels + better image quality will always win over more console consumers than extra frames. If they cared about frame rates and frame-to-frame consistency that much, they'd be on PC.
not ray tracing, RT requires major CPU compute, but yeah, increasing GPU will let them scale up res a little.

Capture.JPG

*I used to play kairosoft's game dev story a lot*
ps5 will still keep going strong , the pro won't, unless they come up with a GTA VI exclusive later for ps5 pro/and/or future console

So PS5 USD price is 499 and in India, its for 54990 (excluding discounts etc).
So the conversion comes at 1 USD = 110 INR.

If that math is taking into account, 699x110 = 76890 (too high a price), itne main to PC aa jayega acchey waala.

If that math is taking into account, 699x110 = 76890 (too high a price), itne main to PC aa jayega acchey waala.
That's the US pricing. Europe is close to $900, which is almost 90K INR. India will be the same or more expensive than Europe, for sure. F**k.

No disk drive, no stand, almost 90k (likely) in India. It's like the PS3 (launch price) nightmare all over again.

I can see it now:

"PS6 - $1500. Controller not included."

I wouldn’t be surprised if they decide to skip India entirely like with PSVR2. This pricing doesn’t math with what they provide in return.

or will they sell PS5 Pro for a loss, like they did with PS4 and PS3 ? 64999 seems to be an apt price. Plus PS5 Pro is a di(c)skless version.

Last edited:
At expected 70-80k Indian starting price, better to pay a bit more & build a PC IMO if you are tech savvy enough. If you are just playing games & want to match PS5 pro specs, an i5 12400F + 7800XT rig is easily possible under 1L, maybe closer to 90k. With some cuts, maybe can fit R5 7600 + 7800XT for about 1.05L.

If someone is not very tech savvy, just get a PS5, they will still be happy with it. I feel under 40k for PS5 last year was the best deal for budget gamers, not like PS5 slim is cheaper than those 36-38k disc editions deals even now.

Back