Went Dual Core finally !! :D :D

Nikhil

Skilled
I bought Bikey's X2 3800+.

Installed it today.... runs fine.

Max temps with both cores loaded up with BOINC (WCG) is 43 deg C.

Idle temps are some 37 or so....

Temps are good enough ??

Not oc'ed it yet.... Plan on trying to get it stable at 2.4ghz or so *fingers crossed*

and I have installed the 1017 BIOS. It seems to be decent enough...read on the net that a chap with the same mobo as mine (A8V Dlx rev 2.0) had his Xw 3800 stable at 2.5ghz..

That CPU is actually working PERFECT !! :O

Ran 21 hrs of Prime on that....no failures. Oc'ed to 2.4 ghz.... Ran 32M SUperPi...no probs again...

I have put it for sale....

That CPU is actually working PERFECT !! :O

Ran 21 hrs of Prime on that....no failures. Oc'ed to 2.4 ghz.... Ran 32M SUperPi...no probs again...

I have put it for sale....

depends on the room temp. My 3600+ X2 does 47 at full load and 37 on idle. There is allways a 10*C diff. between idle and load.

Wraith said:
congrats man!!!

btw...my idle temp for the x2 3800+ is arnd 41C....how are you managing 42c at full load??? :S :S

The power of XP-120, a 120 CFM fan blowing ON the heatsink and lovely Bangalore weather...

Dunno about the A8V but 2.4G should be no sweat- fingers crossed.:)

Before i got all the rest of the stuff for second rig, i had 'conditioned' this chip by running WCG almost 24x7 at 1.30 vcore- at stock first, then 2.2G for sometime and then at 2.4G for sometime till i went back to my main chip that does 2.6G at 1.325v.
Cozs farookh had it in his HTPC at stock speeds and i thought a month of burn-in would help.:p
Didn't get time to try 2.6G.
Had i not cancelled my second rig plans- i would have tried for 2.6G too and left it at that as that's way more than enough for 24x7 under 100% use under a TtBT with the stock fan.:p

All the best Nik.:thumb:

Sandy said:
congrats nikhil! :)

all you need to do is wait for your video card now and pray it works this time :p

lol.... I am also praying YOUR card works :p

@Rahul --- Thanks !!

And no oc'ing updates as of now.... I guess I'll do that tomorrow :D

Asbolutely !! Now, I'll OC my CPU tonight itself.... I need to beat at least Saiyan in WCG :p

EDIT: Oh crap...he is running at 2.7 ghz.... I'll never be able to do that :( :(

Back