Western museums must return stolen artefacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanditaRoy

Disciple
Stumbled upon this wonderful 8 Minute Youtube video , thought of sharing with everyone . Please Do Share your views .

Last edited:
Stumbled upon this wonderful 8 Minute Youtube video , thought of sharing with everyone . Please Do Share your views .
No they should not
All artifcats are 1000% times safer there . Heres theres no surety you would even find it after 5 years .Let them conserve the artifacts for saving our own history

Had they stolen after independence it would had been called as stolen but they stole/got hold of it during their ruling era so technically its all history and now a part of history. How we read in history books what x captured y etc. same goes in their history books too.
I dont find it appropriate to now ask them to return what happened in historic period.

Its like going back and changing history.

If that has to be done we Indians were uber rich back then and now each of us deserve crores of gold with interest, is that possible NO! If one country files for something like that it will be an historic war globally to return all stolen and captured stuff.

And I dont think so anyone will be willing to returning any historic captured stuff.

If so then what about lacs of lives lost, the killings and tortures? Doesnt that matter?

Heard that The British Parliament is considering Returning Kohinoor Back to India , Should we also consider that as history and leave it as it is , its obvious if we take that path , we are literally deleting our own past and rewriting our own history . All schools and colleges will have to go for a serious reprinting off all the articles written on them . Sorry to say but i dont find it acceptable that My countries treasures are looted and kept in 5star museums of other countries , How many Indian citizens have the financial liberty to visit the Smithsonians to have a glance of there past . Reminds me of the lecture that Dr Shashi Tharoor gave at oxford union , placing a link for reference .

Heard that The British Parliament is considering Returning Kohinoor Back to India , Should we also consider that as history and leave it as it is , its obvious if we take that path , we are literally deleting our own past and rewriting our own history . All schools and colleges will have to go for a serious reprinting off all the articles written on them . Sorry to say but i dont find it acceptable that My countries treasures are looted and kept in 5star museums of other countries , How many Indian citizens have the financial liberty to visit the Smithsonians to have a glance of there past . Reminds me of the lecture that Dr Shashi Tharoor gave at oxford union , placing a link for reference .
Then india and Pakistan will fight for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back