Storage Solutions What 64gb Micro SD to buy?

SanDisk Ultra (Class 10) is good. Using a pair for couple of years, nice, it's not that fast however, 8-9 mb/s, but I don't know about any faster card.
32 GB costs around 1500 afaik.
Btw, those ebay links redirect to nowhere specific.

I'm using a sandisk ultra 32gb already and need the 64 for the other phone. It's not a uhs card or anything but it's not really very fast. That's why i'm a bit skeptical about the claimed performance of the 64gb class10. An i cant afford an extreme.

There are a few options like samsung/sandisk/verbatim all rated at class10. But what's the best buy with the best performance?
No matter how fast the card is, the limiting factor will be the reader/writer. if thats rated at class 10 then you will get class 10 speeds. Smartphones & tablets top out at class 6. Video cameras & dslrs are faster. Thing is you can't get a 64GB card in class 6, it comes at class 10. So the only time you will see those speeds is if you put it in a faster reader, say to load up stuff.

As far as best goes i have no idea. I had a 32GB sandisk class 4, that died in just a year taking everything it had with it. It was quite a shock. As i don't think i ever got close to the max writes it can support, did delete files now & then but nothing big. The tab kept saying card was unexpectedly removed often about a couple of months before it died. I realise now if you see those messages, then it means the card is about to die, backup and transfer over to another card. This was a genuine sandisk card not some fake. The sandisk forums have a few threads about people complaining about this.

I saw 128GB in sd card format, ridiculous price, its only a matter of time before it comes out in micro sd format.

I am using a 64GB "Sandisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I" ...Its a awesome awesome card.
Plays 1080p Apple videos (.mov) with ease on my note 2:).... Butter smooth and no lags on forwards, rewinds on resizes.

My suggestion - go for it as this also has lifetime warranty warranty

Hmm, so it's usually the phone, not the card. Guess the sandisk it is then. Any ideas if the prices will drop sharply in the near future? They used to hover around the 4.5k mark and now they're about 3.25k.

I've learnt since using android for a while, to back up my memory cards to hdd (we have loads of space nowadays) except for large media files and my music collection, which is already archived on dvd. once i rebooted the phone and put it in my pocket. The following sequence of events was unbelievable. FIrst it hit the button just at the bootloader screen and entered cwm. then it proceeded to select the format all or whatever it is option. then also correctly navigated the confirmation message screen. half an hour later when i checked the phone, not only was the rom not loading but my memory card was completely erased. luckily i had both backed up the card as well as the cwm backup to hdd.

I bought the 64gb sandisk for my clip+ last Oct for Rs.3.5K. Other places were selling it at 4.2k but i searched around and got a good deal. This was not online but from a shop.

So a drop of Rs.250 since. Maybe its dropped more. Only time 64Gb drops is when 128Gb comes out. No idea when that will happen. Be wary of too big a price drop as it could be fake.

Back