What a honeymoon

:( Ok guys, back from my short honeymoon from Singapore and Malaysia. As you can very well imagine I deliberately choose those two countries :eek:hyeah: to bring stuff from my beast.
I went to Malaysia first and was expecting Singapore to be cheaper. In any case I bought a Acer Lappie for my bro from Malaysia for 1950 Ringets (approx 24k Rs) with AMD X2 1.9 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, Webcam, DVD RW, 120 GB, Nvidia 7000 onboard etc. which I thought was a good deal. I also bougth the following for my beast:

1) Zalman 9500 LED CPU cooler
Items I also found cheap but didnt buy:

1) Samsung 226BW and Samsung 2232GW 22" incher from Samsung that looks like an LCD TV price: 960 Ringets (11600Rs) I really regret not buying this :( It was an S panel and I thought I will buy this from Singapore.

2) XFX 8800 GT KO Edition: Price 10,000 Rs. Again regret not buying this as made the same mistake of thinking I would buy this from Singapore and I was not really in need of a graphic card as I had my old and faithful 1900 GT.

3) Maxtor external 500 GB hard disk with 1 touch backup: 5500 Rs.

4) A 4000 RPM fan/monster that would cool almost anything for 50 Ringets... 600 Rs. Almost bought it till I found out I couldnt control the RPM... and it was a bit LOUD at 4k RPM!!!

Came to Singapore only to realize that Singapore was much more expensive than Malaysia :(

1) Maxtor external 500 GB HDD was for 8k
2) Samsung 226BW and the Samsung 2232GW were were 12.5k and 15k respectively. Though Samsung 226BW was roughly the same, I was more interested in the other one that looks like and LCD which to my suprise was around 15k :(
3) 8800 GT KO edition and the card in general was no where to be seen

Items finally bought from Singapore:

1) 8800 GT from Inno3d for 370 SD :eek:hyeah: Little under 11k.
2) OCZ StealthXtreme 600 Watt PS to go with the graphic card around 5000 Rs.
3) 80 mm 2000 RPM fan for my cabinet.
4) AS5 thermal compound!

Below are the pictures. Hope the shopping was good. The CPU cooler I might sell as I have Arctic Freezer Pro thats serving me well. Or maybe sell the Artic Pro....

Desperately need a monitor upgrade now (next year when prices of 22" come hopefully near 15k mark).

Here are the pictures... drool. Would be posting a 3DMark06 scores pre and post 8800GT:rofl:

My room with Suprano (my rig) connected to my Samsung 32" LCD and Logitech Z5500 via Toslink cable!

Getting a 10 meter DVI to HDMI cable this weekend, currently connected via component.

The 2000 RPM 80mm fan for my cabbie.
Thermal paste.... probably samr price as India.

Zalman 9500 LED... choose it over 9700 and other better coolers like Ninja etc. primarilly due to size and the stress on motherboard factor.

The OCZ StealthXtreme 600 watt was bought for 190 SD in a hurry. Primarily to complement by 8800 GT. Thanks to my wife's last minute run to Sim Lim square, she did this as I had just bought her clothes from Mango:tongue: ...

In any case the seller was promoting a nobody ever heard off 700 Watt (628) effective to me with 5 years garrantee. It had 3 - 12 V rails at 18 A. The GameXtreme from OC had quad 12 V rails at 18 A. I decided to go with OCZ against his advise. After coming home and reading reviews I was happy with my deceision. Though I paid 5100 Rs and it retails at newegg after tax and shit for 4.5k, I think I still made the right decision. The reviews state that this can easily take 8800 Ultra. The 8800 GT is much less demanding. Ppl claim it can handle 8800 GTX in SLI. Dont think I would ever go there. Only regret is that its not modular :( but than again you cant get everything.

Lastly came in the beast 8800 GT. Almost bought the GTS which was available at the same price, but than fortunately wife told me to read the reviews. Went to a cyber cafe and read that 8800 GT blows GTS away... I regretted not having bought the XFX KO edition at Kuala Lampur, but hope this INNO3D card can overclock. These cards are supposed to become very hot, which is great as winter is approaching and I wont have to pay extra for a heater in the room :eek:hyeah: Came with Tomb Raider game included... Lets see what the 3DMark06 scores tell... Hope to take it to 675 Mhz, only than would I be happy:rofl:

Hope this made an interseting read, and gave you an idea of how much I enjoyed my honeymoon. In addition I made my wifey buy a Fuji S5800 camera... she thought she was buying it for herself from her money:bleh:

Thanks for reading folks, have a great diwali!!!

woww...nice shopping...congrats..where exactly in singapore..did u get this from

sim lim ??

and what about customs..??

The cooler was purchased in Lau Yette Plaza in KL (Malaysia). And rest everything else was purchased in Sim Lim. Isnt 25k worth of shopping per person allowed along with a single laptop :)

techcheat said:
The cooler was purchased in Lau Yette Plaza in KL (Malaysia). And rest everything else was purchased in Sim Lim. Isnt 25k worth of shopping per person allowed along with a single laptop :)

that is actually Low Yat plaza :p

But yeah, nice shopping !! Congrats !!

I have not been to Singapore ever since my obsession with computers started :p. Hope to visit Sim Lim Square soon.

cong man :p

you can play 24 hour gammer no job but you are dream of bill gate or kriish :p
pls post the 3dmakr score and reivew abotu you card :)

and yeah i must..say u r wife is very intelligent..
cause never seen some1 suggesting her husband to go for 8800gt instead of GTS or to read the reviews..
does she also game with you ??:p
congrats once again...:hap2:

faheem_m said:

cause never seen some1 suggesting her husband to go for 8800gt instead of GTS or to read the reviews..

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

MAN lucky you

techcheat said:
2) XFX 8800 GT KO Edition: Price 10,000 Rs. Again regret not buying this as made the same mistake of thinking I would buy this from Singapore and I was not really in need of a graphic card as I had my old and faithful 1900 GT.

Ouch.. Thats the most regrettable thing of the lot...:p

Anyways congrats...:)

faheem_m said:

:lol: nice life

don't hurt me or she will yell me i dont want you hurt you beacuse i am scared of gals gaming :rofl:

because they love violence rules at nvidia is means you play and useful :p

just kidding :tongue:

^^ Thanks for all your replies :) Wish my wife doesnt read this post... You know how it goes with girls, for every dollar 50 you spend on them, they become happy and let you spend $500 on computer stuff :). I am really lucky to have her, though it is a constant battle to find time for my rig.....

I am going to install this stuff one by one and give a in depth review on 8800GT and a comparo between Artic Pro and Zalman 9500 LED. Though it wont be a fair comparison as Artic Pro is running with the local thermal compound and that too has been remounted several times without compound. On the other hand I would be using AS5 for Zalman.... In any case it would be good to see if we can get a 10 degree drop or not.

Back