Video What buying is better, LCD TV or CRT TV?

Pls give your views on whether it is better to buy a 26" LCD or 29" CRT TV for normal viewing in Home.

My budget is Rs.25000/- and the TVs i liked are:

26" LCD - Philips Flat TV 26" LCD HD Ready 26PFL3403/94 (Rs.25000/-)

29" LG TV Model : 29FG2RVE with USB Plus
OR
Sony KV-SZ-292M88 (Rs.19000)
OR
Panasonic Tau FX 29FX20CDS3 or Tau FX 29FX20CDS4 (Rs.14000)

Q.1. Pls tell what is contrast ratio in LCD as the above Philips TV is with 33000 contrast ratio.

Q.2. What is buying better, LCD or CRT and Why?

Q.3. Give your suggestions on buying TV with model no.?

Rohitshakti_sehgal@yahoo.com

i have seen those crts also but the picture quality is bad ,the sony for example they used to make the best CRT in the world,but ever since this sparkling WEGA was introduced their tv although better then the rest sucks compared to older models before 2004 .
the second best crt are philips there electronics are better i.e image processing is better.but they lack the contrast produced by the sony.
in sony present crts its realy hard to find optimum settings.IMO i would rather by a used older sony CRT which is miles better even the old conventional non flat sony crts are better then the new sparkling wega sonys.

so if u ask me save cash and get urself alteast a 32inch lcd.since most of todays 26inch lcds are flooded with TN panels.

After visiting quite many showrooms & seeing 6 brands of lcd I am of an opinion that buying a CRT 10-15000/- is a better option & this is based upon the following facts related to HDTV.

1. LCDs outer looks good but the image quality is bad bcoz there is no HDTV transmission for another 2yrs & Indian transmission is 4:3 which gets stretched to 16:9 to make matter worse. DD will do its 2010 commonwealth games transmission in full HD. I could not find much movies DVD in HD yet.

2. when full HD transmission becomes available by then we will have far better technology so its better to wait 1-2 yrs.

3. buying a 32 inch for full HD for 45K today is going to get us 42inch in the same price next year or even lesser or larger size. Cost have been dropping all the time & bigger sizes are becoming more affordable.

4. buying a 29" crt the old series of Philips or Sony (100Hz flicker free) as "adder" says is better, less price for a far better quality image in present transmission & you get the best of deals in 2yrs from now for larger sizes & more feature packed full HDTVs.

5. full HDTV is what you need to make best use of LCDs & that is not available yet so buy when you actually can use it at its optimum level.

HI! OT but i need to know pls :( can i connect my z5500 speakers to my Samsung-LA40A610 ? im playing full hd thru my laptop via HDMI and want good sound.

thx

Back